Monday, January 29, 2007

Catch Up

OK...so I decided not to go to Guyana. I thought long and hard and prayed about it. And though I'm sure I'll regret it, I'm going to pass on this trip. I did really want to go, but I think if I were to go to South America on a Mission Trip I would want someone that I knew to be with me. That's a huge thing to do by myself. So maybe next year.

I got my passport in the mail the other day and it was exciting, but a reminder that I will not be using it anytime soon. But it is good to know that I can leave the country whenever I wanted to because I have the right documentation.

On another FANTASTIC note...I got a phone call from an dear old friend this weekend. By "old" I mean, I've known him since I was literally a baby. He had a son this past November...I'm sure you've seen the pictures! Well I was asked to be Co-God Mother to him!!! Yay!! I can't tell you how excited and honored and thrilled I am have been asked to a part of his life in this way! I have just been in such a great mood all weekend!!

An article from the Lutheran magazine said:
A godparent is to develop a special, lifelong relationship with the godchild, communicating faith and values to her or him in word, deed and play, reminding him of his baptism, rooting for her as she grows and questions and struggles.
I can do that.
How might one choose a godparent?:
* Will take a child seriously and invest time in developing a friendship with him or her.
* Listens well, is caring and trustworthy.
* Is a baptized Christian who could share her or his faith with a child (and later an adult) in conversation or action.

I can do that too!!!

It is just a wonderful feeling to be recognized as someone who will get to be a part of this child's life and is important enough to the parents to even be considered. I definitely feel blessed!!

1 comment:

Thister said...

Congratulations! That's kewl! Kudos to you! It sounds like you'll make an excellent godparent!