Monday, April 24, 2006

Child Birth...who knew?

I've learned that Child birth is nothing like what the movies make it out to be:
-Lady goes in pregnant
-Lady gets an epidural
-Lady pops out a Baby
-Lady and Baby go home

I have learned so much from one of my best friends about how this "miracle" really works. It's more like hours of pain and uncomfortableness. AND it's very disgusting, so I'm not really going to talk about it. But it almost in a way...makes me NOT want to have to go through all that pain and grossness.
Did you know that the baby can start peaking out...and then get sucked right back in? That would just piss me off. And if the epidural doesn't work...that's just awful.
It takes months for your body to get back to normal...and it's apparently a very uncomfortable time for the 6 weeks after the baby is out. Then you have to start worrying about how your going to lose all the weight you gained. I had no idea. The list just goes on with all the stuff that happens.

Now there are plenty of babies in my family but no one really goes into all the gross details about what really went on. Quite frankly...it's nuts. I saw a picture of a Placenta...now that's a gross body part. I realize that that is what the baby is living off of...but please...keep it covered.

I could go on and on about all the stuff that I learned...but seriously...no one wants to hear it. You have to experience it and actually get a child out of it to appreciate it. Right now...to me...it's just ridiculous.

Although, I heard from Becca's mother that "I'm a natural". I guess I just know the right way to handle a little baby because I've been through it 4 times with my cousins having children. I don't feel awkward to pick up and hold a baby. Diapers are another story...I'll take them while they're clean, thank you. I'm just ready to spoil the crap out of the precious baby and see her as much as I can because they'll leaving on May 25 for Colorado. Now that's quick.

So the openings for new girl friends for Becky is beginning. There's too many girls leaving me at the start of Summer and I'm going to need some replacements. Remember you need to be in the Austin area to apply because long distance just isn't going to cut it...OK....Great. I'll get applications out as soon as I put something together.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yeah, I'm definitely a little freaked out about the birthing process. Eeeeek. And then my mom always says, "Well, it couldn't have been that bad because I had four kids!" Sure. :)

Oh, and I consider myself lucky because I didn't have to fill out an application to be your friend. Guess I'm just that cool. :) But seriously, what are we gonna do without each other? *tear*