Thursday, April 27, 2006

Secrets don't make Friends...But Friends make Secrets

Last night as I was sitting in stupid traffic on I35 at 10:00 p.m. it kind of hit me...What am I going to do when Lauren's gone? She has definitely been a support system for me up here. I feel very close to her and you know what...we've really only be friends for about 2 years or so.

Anyways...we had our usually Wednesday evening meeting last night. And to be honest...it was definitely one of my favorites. I look back at our other Starbuck's conversations...they were all great...but this one was just really good. We really shared a lot about ourselves and our lives and it was just nice to have someone to do that with.

Personally I have been dealing with this "thing" for about a year now. I keep it to myself mostly out of embarrassment or stupidity or whatever. It was just so nice to actually just say it to someone. It doesn't make it go away...but just having that person listen to you and to have someone other than myself know that I have these thoughts, makes it a little comforting. Plus just being able to speak them is a bit of therapy.

I'm really going to miss our Starbuck's talks. Sadness...
It's funny to think what life is going to be like in about 5 years. To look back and think...Remember when we used to meet up at Starbucks and talk about what I life would be like now...It's going to be interesting.

I've really gotten into commercials lately. Mostly because you can't really get away from them, it's like 10 minutes of a TV show to 20 minutes of commercials. Anyways...some of them really draw me it. I guess mostly because I'm a girl and when one about a wedding comes on I'm very drawn to it. There was one about the Men's Warehouse, you know what I'm talking about. And it was saying how everyone's attention is on the flower's and the Bride and no one really looks at anything else. But while everyone is looking at the Bride...she's looking at you. How true...so you want to look your best.
I hope I'm like that...not looking around to make sure the flowers look right or that all my friends are there or whatever...I want to just be looking at whoever is standing at the front of the church waiting for me...

Ahhh....


"there has to be something
there has to be someone out there
there has to be an answer
a prescription a prayer."
-Custom

3 comments:

Lauren said...

That was definitely good Starbucks time last night. I agree that it was one of our best! Parts of our conversation have stayed with me, and I'm so thankful for our friendship!

Don't worry, Cullen and I will save some trampoline time for you in South Carolina. . . ;)

Rob West said...

It's hard for me to realize that, due to my rather unique position, I'm the only who's *happy* that lauren is leaving Texas! It's easy to forget that most people don't feel that way.

I think that was really sweet of you Beckywecky.

Pay attention to the guy from Mens' Warehouse. He has the weirdest speech impediment ever. It's not quite a lisp. But he says "Men'v Warehoufe". It's awful-damn weird.

Lauren said...

"Men'v Warehoufe"--LOL