Monday, June 12, 2006

So Much, So Fast

Goodness it's been a while. Summer is always just so busy when it comes to working with youth in a church. But it's wonderful and it's keeping me busy. No complaints about sitting around and having nothing to do...although that would be nice every now and then because I am so exhausted right now.

I took a group of 10 Middle Schooler to Arlington for 3 nights to do some mission work up there. It was awesome! We had such a great time and everyone got along very well. Not to say that the boys didn't act like 14 year old boys, but still...it was a great time. Tiring, but great.
We did work at "Mission Arlington". Our daily duties were: sorting through the donations that people drop off, separating clothes, putting clothes on hangers to put in their "store", driving an un-airconditioned truck to pick up donations, sorting boxes of cleaner, organizing a food pantry and going to old apartment complexes to play with kids and to Bible Studies with them. We were constantly busy.

Lauren even came to spend an evening with us...well, with me! Which is always good times. We had yet another good bye moment which, again, was pretty difficult. It's pretty real now because she's already left and won't be for a couple months until I get to see her again. Luckily the summer will keep me occupied, but that won't be the case when there's nothing to do around here.

Then we got to spend a day at Six Flags to reward our selves for all the hard work we did. It was a great time. Go to ride lots of rides!!

Then I head to San Antonio almost as soon as we got back into town. Carrie's Bachelorette party was this weekend so we had a great girls night out! Dinner and Margarita's at Cha-Cha's then dancing the night away at Cowboy's Dance Hall. I haven't gotten to do that kind of dancing in so long, I had such a great time!! Plus I got to hang out with some old friends which is always good!! And I got to hang out with Cory and Andy. Andy and I had a great little talk about what's going on in his life. Which was interesting because we never really have serious conversations anymore.

Travis showed up at Cowboys that night too! That's always fun. I like seeing him. Good things happened, we had nice little chat.

Now I'm back in Georgetown in the "real" world getting ready for my next adventure!

No comments: