Thursday, March 23, 2006

Funk

Do you ever feel like the world is just out to get you sometimes. I'm sure everyone has these feelings. But right now...I'm about to kick some but.

I had great weekend plans (well, I guess pre-weekend plans) for my mom to come up for a couple nights to hang out. I'm so busy here, that I really don't have much time to go home. Plus, they were watching Peanut for me while I was gone in Colorado and she was going to bring her back to me. Well, too many people were taking off the day she was asking for, so it ends up she can't come up. I'm sad Peanut won't get back here, but I'm even more sad that my mom and I won't get our girls weekend. We haven't done that in a while and I was really looking forward to that.

Because of my "working" all last week in Colorado, I was planning on leaving the office every day at about 2:00 or so, so far I've stayed til 4:30, 3:34, 7:00 and today when I finally leave, I have to come back here for a concert to finish up some responsibilities and then to lock up. Which, I guess I don't mind doing...but that means I had to cancel some previous commitments.

That and I'm pissed at my cell phone bill always being ridiculously expensive and I can't even make phone calls when I go out of state. Do you realize that I've been to four different states this month and I had to keep my cell phone off for all those times so I didn't have to pay the extra fee. It's nonsense.

But Tuesday was a good day. Some friends from high school came into Austin and we hung out. Carrie is getting married in July so we've been keeping in touch pretty good because, of course, I'm in yet another wedding of a friend. I'm not complaining, I Love her a lot...it's just a little reality check that most of my good friends are either married or in a significant relationship and I can't even find time to sit on my couch let alone meet someone. I should complain. Life is good right now. I don't need a boy to make me happy...although I'm sure it wouldn't hurt.

Anyways...we went to eat at the Olive Garden. Now, I'm not a big fan of Italian food, but that's where they wanted to go, so I obliged. Plus, I love their salad. I think I had about 3 1/2 helpings of it. Plus I finished most of my chicken alfredo, plus we each got some pretty delicious (big) frozen beverages. Needless to say...I was stuffed and I slept like a baby that night.

So life has it's good moments and it's frustrating moments.

My younger brother Daniel is taking is first big trip by himself this weekend and I'm so excited for him. He's going to Michigan to visit a friend of his. They met online and she flew down a couple years ago to go to his senior Prom. She's a really awesome girl, so I'm a little jealous that he get to go visit a friend. Plus, I would love to go to Michigan. Ever since I saw Lake Michigan last fall I really want to go back and see it again. It was gorgeous. But I've already taken my trips for now, I should take a little break before I head out on another journey.

I need to save my money because I want to go to Vegas for my birthday, plus I need to plan a trip back to South Carolina sometime this fall to visit my AWESOME friend LAUREN!!!

Enough Enough...there will be more to come.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh, the funk. I have dealt with it on several accounts this past week. Thankfully mine has lifted! :)

SO glad we got to hang out last night. What am I gonna do without you?

See you in a bit.