Friday, March 24, 2006

A Love so Sweet

So I know I'm one of the biggest nerds in the world, but I just love the movie "A Walk to Remember." It's just a good story, not something that you could really see happening in real life, but still...
Now for those of you that know me...I'm a crier. It's just in my blood for some reason. So as I'm sitting there watching the movie on my couch, I'm just crying constantly it seems. But that's just me, I cry at every little thing; when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I'm frustrated, overwhelmed, worried, bored...you get the idea.

But I'm thinking about their "love" that they have for each other. It's basically all based on faith. It has to be because what's-his-face is the rebel-bad-boy that causes all sorts of trouble and she's the goody-two-shoes preachers-daughter. Who would have ever thought that they would get together?
She saw something in him that was good and he just thought she was a frumpy loser...but eventually fell for her. She was a little more persistant than I would have ever been if someone like him treated me the way that he treated her...but that's not the point.

He listened to her and helped her accomplish her lists of things she wanted to do before she died and she believed in him and pushed him to do all the things that he was capable of doing.

Sweet Sweet. Me personally, that's how I picture the guy that sweeps me off my feet. He's the bad boy that switches to this unbelievable person all because of me. I've shared that with a couple people already. That I want that guy with the edge, but in all seriousness is unnaturally sweet and patient.

In the movie he is considered her "miracle". The one that makes her life worth living and makes her illness barable. She has faith in him when everyone thinks he is going to be a failure his whole life.
Of course there's the happy ending (even though she dies)...they love each other, get married, spend the summer together before she leaves...

Aaauuuu, it's sappy, but sooo good. A mini-fairytale...

If only I could find my little "miracle" that has so much faith in me that it overflows in everything we do. Someone who, as Sensefield says, "loves me for me."

No comments: