Monday, March 06, 2006

Two Girls Take a Trip














We arrive in the beautiful city of Columbia and took a great picture of the two of us outside the state capitol...and what do we see flying high in front of this great establishement....





















The Confederate flag flying high and proud.
We had enough of that. It was time to venture back north and head into the other Carolina...














Well that's nice...the state welcomed us!!
We dropped out awesome Ford Taurus off at the Winstom-Salem airport. It was pretty dead. Good thing Lauren was there to take care of us.




















What a great receptionist she was. Very helpful.
At the airport we read great things on the wall as we awaited the Mayor's arrival. The air was getting fresher and fresher the closer he got. We all had a little nervousness in our stomach. Good thing they have this beverage called RED OAK to help with that.















Red Oak uses only the finest German barley malt, Bavarian hops, and Bavarian yeast.

Enough of that...it was time to have some fun in the Mayor's place while he was out!!














Lauren sat in as the Mayor and thought up some great idea's while in the throne...















I decided it would be more fun if I joined her in the throne for some girl time.
















I then thought it would be good to do some thinking of my own. Mostly I thought about how I was supposed to take a picture without cracking up.














It was then on to a more formal atmosphere...well, sort of.















Uh-Oh...what is this? Not good.















And right next to each other? I don't think that's appropriate.

Well this is just a brief glimpse of what happened while we were on our trip.
All in all it was a great time and lots of fun was had!!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness, girl, I was laughing out loud in my office! Boy did we have fun!

"Where is my smoking jacket?"

Rob West said...

*Gasp!*

When I get home you girls are in BIG trouble!!

lrae said...

That's good stuff. I just felt like I was watching an episode of Room Raiders on MTV.

Lauren said...

Leslie, every comment you leave makes me smile b/c your winky face makes it seem like you're sharing a secret. Love it!

Christopher W. Speaks said...

In case you were wondering, here's the Bavarian 1516 Law of Purity.

Also!

I think you make a better looking Mayor than the incumbent. [Sorry Mayor, but I don't swing Brokeback.] Of course, we Capns are very loyal to their Mayors, so I don't think you'd get the office unless you rallied a coup d'etat.

Becky said...

That's awesome, because I was just thinking to myself "Now, what was the Bavarian 1516 Law of Purity?"

Capn, you the man!!

Christopher W. Speaks said...

Lil' Miss Becky Bonita (for that's how I have you linked on my blog now):

Rob and I made use of that $15 gift card to Coppola's this evening, and as I walked in I looked down at the dry erase board with the specials - and you'll be pleased to know they were still offering Chocolate Mouse!

In fact, Rob informs me, as we were eating some older couple walked in, looked at the board and sniggered, "Heh, chocolate mouse."

I was proud of our little endeavor.

Speaking of, have you gotten any chocolate mouse yet? If not, I'll have to remedy that.

Becky said...

Aww Capn, that made me smile!

I have actually been wanting some Chocolate Mouse, but have not been able to get any. I'm excited that it hasn't been fixed and that customer's are noticing it. That's Awesome.

You should have partaken in some mouse while you were there enjoying your 15 free dollars.

You better remedy my craving quickly because I'll be gone for a whole week with my kiddo's.