Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Seriously, I don't mind

Right away when people meet me and learn what I do for a living they label me, and it's just something that I have to accept. Which is not a problem. But the one thing that just drives me crazy is how people change the way they act around me because I work in a church. Come On...I'm not a perfect person so don't act like I am and don't act like you have to be perfect around me to.

First off: DON'T APOLOGIZE if you say a cuss word. Seriously, I don't mind. I've heard them before, I've said them before, and I'll probably say them again. So don't act like you can't talk around me the way you talk around your friends. IT'S OK!!

Second: I DRINK Frosty cold ones, so don't act like you shouldn't drink around me, or ask me if it's OK if you drink in front of me. OK, so I'm not a big drinker anyways, but I do enjoy a dacquiri or a beer every now and then. Jesus drank, so it's really no big deal.

Third: I work on Sunday's. I realize that Saturday night's are the big party night, so don't think I'm being rude because I don't stay out late on a Saturday night. It's hard to get up early and function appropriately when you've been out on a Saturday night.

Fourth: I like my job and what I do. So when you find out what my career is PLEASE do not say..."Oh, that's neat." "Good for you." "Oh, you're a 'good' girl." "Wow, that's awesome." Even if you "don't mean it that way" it still sounds like you're mocking me and it makes me want to slap you across the face. (don't think I won't if you bug me enough).

So just some advice to everyone out there...just because someone works for a church, it doesn't make them any different from you. OK. We're still humans who like to have fun and be taken seriously. We can get crazy sometimes too. Working at a church doesn't change who we are, we just chose to work for God instead of in the corporate world.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

AMEN, Sista!!! I hate it when I take a drink, shake my booty on the dancefloor, throw out a cuss word, or smoke a joint (kidding) and someone says, "YOUTH MINISTER!" all accusatory. Whatev!

Cute cute profile pic! Nice choice--whatever gave you that idea? ;)

Rob West said...

It's TASTY Cold Ones, you crazy-ass ho.

Jeez, if you'd get out of your pew every now and then you might know that!!!!

Rob West said...

Oh, you do have a new pic. I like it! It's Becky goin, "In your face, FatBoy!!!"

Becky said...

You guys rock my world...
let's drink!!!!

lrae said...

Booty-shaking?!? Oh my.

Christopher W. Speaks said...

People think I'm a little ho because I work at a strip club. It's not like that at all. I have emotions and desires too, ya know... :*-(