Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Manic Monday

A little bit of how my day went:

*I have a bad back...and I know I have a bad back. My mom had scholiosis and so I know that I don't have the best spine. Plus the x-rays that were taken of my back show that it didn't develop with the right curves and I have a shoulder that's lower than the other.....Anyways. I grew up with back pains and I've kind of just learned to live with it and not complain. I've been to the doctor and I've gotten pain pills, but they don't really do much for me anymore. But...my bed is just driving me crazy. Every position I lay in hurts. I try building a fort to support my back, but nothing works. By about 2:00 a.m. my back wakes me up and I can't get comfortable and I'm just miserable for the rest of the night. Which sucks, because then my back hurts and I'm tired.
Well I took Monday off because I've been working alot and I wanted some time to rest. Just my luck, my back woke me up EARLY in the morning and I couldn't get back to sleep. Stink, my day off and I got up early. So that's just me complaining.

* When I get out of the shower I let my hair air dry for a while and then decide my head is cold, so I go to blow dry it. After a couple minutes of blowing, I go to turn off the dryer to brush my hair and it wouldn't turn off. Weird I Thought. Well then the little motor blew up and I'm holding a small fire in my hand. I didn't know what to do. I was scared to go for the plug to un-plug it because I was scared I would get electrocuted. So I'm just standing there in my bathroom holding a blow dryer that has a fire in it. Finally the fire goes out and I unplug it and I lay it on the floor to cool off. But now there's smoke everywhere and it smells like burning. So I turn the fan on and let it blow...somewhere. So I got to buy a new blow dryer yesterday. I got an ION...it's supposed to make your hair shiny. I think it worked a little, but the weather is so gross today that it didn't last.

*I decided I wanted to spend the day at the mall because I still have some Christmas money and I really wanted to buy some cute new outfits. I was in the mall for over an hour and couldn't find anything that I liked. Which I was a little upset about. I just wanted some cute new tops or something, but I walked out of there with nothing.
Although I did talk to the Sprint guy about getting a new phone and renewing my contract. I decided on which on I want. It's pretty awesome. It's a Samsung which is apparently one of the best phones out there. I made him give me a sellers speech about it and why I should get it. I didn't buy it because I'm waiting to get my $150 discount that comes on May 1st. I realize that I don't need a $300 phone...but really, it'll only be $150 when I buy it....I'm such a sucker. Whatever. But he sold me on it....

*I also decided that I should do a bit of cleaning, while I had some time. I should have done more, but I got a little lazy. Really I just through out some dried out roses. I had a friend in college that would dry out bouquets of roses she got and then put them out as dead arrangements. It looked really neat in her place...but she was a little "darker" of a person than I am. Plus I kept them because they were from Matt from Detroit and I just liked the reminder of the sweetness of them. I usually don't just get flower's sent to me randomly, and so I liked that little reminder when I looked at them. But they started taking up room in the kitchen and would leave gross stuff on the table, so I just threw them out. I'm sure that will lighten up the mood in the kitchen.

*The rest of the day was spent watching a movie. But dinner at the neighbor's...Bratwurst, potatoes, sauerkraut, and beer. It was new to me, but I enjoyed it!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I wish I had gone shopping with you yesterday. I totally would've invited myself if I hadn't been working. :)

That sucks about your back, girl! :( Yuck.

lrae said...

What is that? When I have money, I can never find anything I like. When I'm broke, cute clothes abound.

It's kind of like wanting Chick-fil-a on a Sunday.