Monday, July 24, 2006

Nothing to Fear but Fear Itself

Fear: An unpleasant often strong emotion caused by anticipation or awareness of danger.-Anxious Concern

Scared: Thrown into or being in a state of fear, fright or panic.

We all have things that we fear or are scared of. My fear in life used to be of not finding something that would make me happy or finding someone to love me...or walking sticks (I am terrified of walking sticks and spiders). Now, I am still fearful of the future and of what it holds - I'm curious as to who I will spend the rest of my life with and if I will ever find that someone, and when it will happen. I see so many 'happy couples' and I still go out with my friends as the only single person and it makes me feel a little sad at times.

I've lived by myself for so long that I sometimes feel like I'm almost destined to stay alone - but that fear is being over powered by another fear. I'm constantly in fear, looking over my shoulder, checking the peep-hole before I open the door, having people walk me to my car. I have a criminal trespassing warning out on this guy, to where he can't step on church or my apartment complex property.

As I was going to church on Sunday morning he was just sitting there on the church property line. That's it, just sitting. He knows his limits and he definitely pushes them. I was just very uncomfortable with him sitting there. I had to drive by a couple of times before I had enough strength to pull into the parking lot. I hate having that feeling in the pit of my stomach. I shoudn't have to worry about going to work in the mornings.

I hate being nervous all the time. Now one should have to live like this and be scared to go anywhere. I'm hoping these warnings will help because I just want to go back ot how my life used to be.

No comments: