Tuesday, July 11, 2006

All over Texas

I don't even know where to begin. I've just been all over the place these past couple weeks. From Georgetown to Floresville to Falls City to San Antonio to Falls City to Kerrville to Georgetown to San Antonio and back to Georgetown.

My best friend from high school got married the other weekend and I had such a great time with all of those activities. It was a busy weekend, but it was definitely worth it. It was wonderful and beautiful and just a good time. I don't think I've had that much fun at a wedding ever...that could be a lie, but I don't know. I just had so much fun with everyone. It was like a high school reunion.

Then I headed to camp for a couple days to see my elementary kiddos. That was a great time. I hit on a couple younger boys...no big deal. It's just funny. Plus my friend Sam just eggs it on so it was like a competition. I had a wonderful time there though.

Then it was off to San Antonio with my high school youth for the ELCA National Youth Gathering that happens every 3 years. It was a busy 5 days. I am so worn out. But I had a great time there as well. It's funny how being in a crowd of 15,000 people you can still run into people you know a number of times. I think I ran into my cousin from Dallas on two different occasions and then I ran into a guy from camp at least every day...maybe even twice a day. It was so weird. But it was a great experience. My group really enjoyed themselves. They mostly liked meeting the cute boys and girls there, but still, at least they had a good time, right?!!

So now I'm back in Georgetown trying to catch up on all the sleep I lost this week. The cold I got isn't really helping that much, but I'm pushing through it. Next week is my last busy week of the summer so I'm just preparing myself for that. Then I'm going to take a vacation. So if anyone has any suggestions of where I should go, I'm open to any ideas. I plan on taking some time off in mid-August if anyone is willing to host a traveler!!!

No comments: