Monday, September 11, 2006

Give Me Some Credit

I think I must keep my self confidence in a box hidden in my closet because it's never around when I need it. I have my moments of feeling inadequate when it comes to my job and to other aspects of my life. But when I take that step back...I see how much I really do have things under control.

I have been a complete wreck when it comes to this program I'm starting at work. I haven't been able to please everyone (and that drives me up the wall), I don't feel like I'm doing things right, and I just don't think I'm accomplishing anything that needs to get done.

I met with my "boss" today and he set me straight. I was looking at what I do and you know what...sometimes I just amaze myself at how well I do with what I'm given. I need to just give myself a pat on the back and tell myself that I'm doing the right thing and everything will turn out. I can't help it if parents aren't as dedicated to church as mine were and don't get their kids here. It's NOT my problem. They are the ones that will have to deal with it in the future.

My support system here just seems kind of hidden at times. It's not like when I was living at home and my parents were always telling me how well of a job I was doing, I'm not surrounded by the positive energy that I once had. Peanut shows her affection when I walk in the door, but utltimately I have to be the one that keeps me going and energized about what I do every day.
Yes I have people here that tell me I'm doing a good job, but it's not daily, it's just when they see me do something they approve of. But I'm just as guilty, I don't always go up to everyone I know and give them a pat on the back just for the heck of it. Maybe that's something I should start doing though. Just go up to people and tell them their doing a good job...we'll see...

No comments: