Wednesday, September 20, 2006

So Much!!

I have so much to talk about today!! Awesome I know. I'm sure you all have just been waiting to hear me say that! There's a lot to say because lots has happened since 4:00 yesterday.

First, the secretary and I just have Hours upon hours of "comp" time building up, so we decided to leave work at about 4:45. Which at first I saw as a good thing because I needed to make a stop at Pet Smart because Peanut needed some food. I ended up buying her a new house too because her little wooded one that she has now is a couple years old and just a little gross and chewed up. Fine, I don't mind buying stuff that I need.

As I was leaving I noticed that Best Buy was just across the parking lot and I was thinking to myself..."you know, I haven't bought a CD in a while and I KNOW for a fact that New Found Glory's new CD, "Coming Home" just came out today." CD's are always cheaper if you buy them on the day they come out, so it was just logical to buy it that day! I also remembered that The Early November also had a newer CD out that I hadn't purchased yet. So of course, I might as well buy it while I'm there, right? Right. Plus when I got there, I saw that the Early November CD was a 3 disk pack + a DVD...That's awesome. Three CD's + DVD for like $13.99...it doesn't get any better than that. So basically I bought like 4 CD's for under $25. That's good spending. AWESOME!! I know.
As I was checking out the high school boy ringing me up asks how I'm doing. I say: "I'm doing well, thanks. How are you doing?" "I've never heard anybody answer like that, using the word 'well'"...I told him that he's not the first person to tell me that. I got called out on saying "well" the other day also. Isn't that the correct way to use that word? I'm not an English major, but I thought I wasn't doing anything wrong. Then he says, "It's just funny to see someone your age say it that way"....my age? What the heck does that mean? I kind of laughed a little laugh and then walked out of the store. And what did I see when I walked out...more stores. I can't control myself. I proceeded to buy three shirts at another store. Then I made myself leave, because apparently I have a problem and I needed to get out of the shopping area!

So I got home and sat on my kitchen counter and put my new CD's in the CD player one at a time, and yes, I listed to every song. How many songs you ask...59. Yes, 59 songs I listened to. That's a lot of songs. But one of the disks from The Early November has 24 songs on it and none of them are over a minute and a half. So that helped.
I think I made some excellent purchases at Best Buy. I definitely recommend both of those CD's to anyone looking for new CD's to buy.

After listening to all my new songs I watched the movie "Hustle and Flow". I also recommend that movie to you all, especially if you like rap music. It was just good entertainment and an eye opener. I was interupted half way through by my cousin. But I didn't mind because I really like talking to him. He'll be 30 in December (don't tell him I told you that), so he's my "advice" guy. He tells me what guys are really thinking when they say certain things, and I tell him what girls really think when they say certain things. He really makes me feel good about decisions I make when it comes to guys and lets me know that I shouldn't feel bad about anything I decide. Kind of makes me feel alright that I'm shallow at times. He's definitely shallow at times...but come on, who's not Shallow??? You're lying if you say you're not. So we had a nice hour long talk...Good times.

So then I go to sleep. I'm such a bad sleeper. I haven't gotten a decent nights sleep for years now. It's like my back just know's when I'm going to bed. As soon as I lay down I can just start feeling it begin to throb and then I can't get comfortable and everything from my shoulders to my neck to my spine to my ribs to all over my back is just hurting. It really stinks. Yes, I've been to doctors and gotten medication and done the "excercises" prescribed to me and even got an MRI on it, but nothing seems to work. It sucks. And I complain about it...but I don't know what to do about it, so any suggestions on this subject will be appreciated!!

Of course I wake up unrested and in pain, but I have to face the day anyways...and yes it still hurts, but I guess it's just something I have to live with.

While I'm getting ready this morning, the Bobby Bones show is talking about the farthest you've ever been for a first date. Some people were calling in that they flew to Missouri and it didn't work out right away and a girl was just stranded there for a couple days by herself because the guy just wasn't that interested. That's rude of the guy. At least hang out with her while she's there! So here's my story.

First story comes all the way from Detroit, Michigan. That is 1352.65 miles away...pretty far I know. But at least it was him that flew down and not me. It was a nice 5 days together of hanging out. Of course it didn't work out, but it was a fun weekend of something different.
Second story takes me 1388.76 miles...just a little farther. Yes I flew all the way to Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. By myself. My parents were a little freaked out, but it was a family member of a lady at church. So I wasn't too worried. I knew right away that it wasn't really something that was going to "work out" and we talked about that right away, and so the trip was great. We still had lots of fun hanging out. Plus I got to travel and I love traveling and I don't think I would have ever gone to Wisconsin for anything. So it was a good excuse to go there!
Both boys were pretty far, make that Very Far, away from home, but they were both something new and exciting. Long distance relationships are hard and you have to work at them. But I think they can be something great as long as you both put something into. I don't necessarily recommend that everyone make these long trips, but for some, it could be a great experience for you!

Then I met a boy from Florence, South Carlonina this past fall while I was in Nashville and he was pretty fun. We hung out for a night and then I flew back to Texas and he drove back home. We talked on the phone for a few months after that, but again, it wasn't a big deal. Just another state to mark off of guys...just kidding. I don't have boys in every state...or do I? Kidding again. But I do have friends from far away.

When I worked in Pennsylvania at Camp Tioga, I met a bunch of fun people. I didn't actually "date" anyone while I was there. But I did go on a date the last day before I left for Maryland. This guy was from New York, but I think he's in Massechusetts now. We still email back and forth every now and then...which is nice. Just a little catch up time.
I guess I do have friends all over the place!!! I even have friends out in California, Arizona, Kansas, Oregan...goodness, I need to start traveling more to make some visits!

The morning radio show just got my juices flowing about all the people from out of state that I don't get to see anymore...

So those are all my stories for the day...

1 comment:

patrick | steed said...

that may be the longest blog in the history of the world!

very entertaining, though. i hate long distance relationships. i don't see the point in putting yourself through that. it costs more, you see them less, and the time that you DO get together is not enough.