Monday, September 25, 2006

Thoroughly Predictable

Here's a secret...I love the movie "A Walk To Remember". I just think it's a great movie. Probably not likely...but still, a great movie.
I watched it on Sunday over the couple hours I wasn't at church. There's a scene in the movie where Mandy Moore and Shane West are riding the school bus back to their school after Saturday tutoring and this is one of the conversations they had:

Jamie: Please don't pretend like you know me, ok?
Landon: But I do, I do. We've had all the same classes in the same school since kindergarten. Why you're Jamie Sullivan. You sit at lunch table 7. Which isn't exactly the reject table, but is definitely in self exile territory. You have exactly one sweater. You like to look at your feet when you walk. Oh, oh, and yeah, for fun, you like to tutor on weekends and hang out with the cool kids from "Stars and Planets." Now how does that sound?
Jamie: Thoroughly predictable, nothing I haven't heard before.
Landon: You don't care what people think about you?
Jamie: No.

So now I'm just going back to my last post...it may seem that you know who I am or what I'm about...but like she says, it's just thoroughly predictable. Hah...I love it.

Also, let me give you the definition of a deadline: a date or time before which something must be done. a date or time BEFORE which something MUST be done. Now, when I see that there is a deadline I'm usually turning it in before it's actually due.
Now to me, this is a simple task. You get an assignment you get the date in which you need to give it back. Simple.
I didn't know that this doesn't apply to everyone. Silly me just thought that we all had to go by certain deadlines. But apparently this isn't true. Some people are just so powerful that deadlines don't apply to them. They can turn in anything past deadline and it's fine. How do you get this power you ask? But there are people that go to my church that just seem to think that deadlines mean: turn it in whenever it's convenient to you, so that you are not going out of your way make someone else's life easier. Maybe I just have the wrong dictionary.
So please for the sake of other people's job's and sanity, if you see that something has a deadline, try and get it turned in one time!! Please!

No comments: