Friday, November 10, 2006

Everybody Loves 'Becky'

I was watching an episode of Everybody Loves Ramond last night. IT was about Ray's Father, Frank, being "Man of the Year". Ray's job was to put a video together of Frank's friends saying what they liked about him. Well...nobody had anything nice to say about him, so Ray improvised and made a different kind of video. Needless to say, Frank was a little disappointed.

Later that night, Frank got up enough courage to ask Marie, his wife, what she would have said if she would have been interviewed for the video, of course she said something very sweet and thoughtful about her husband. Just what Frank needed to hear. So in return Marie asked Frank what he would have said about her if the tables were turned. His response-he got up and said it was time for bed. Marie was furious! She looked right at him and said "That's why nobody likes you! You take and take and take and give nothing back in return. You just expect everyone to like you because you're Frank."

I've realized that I've somewhat turned into Frank. I just expect people to always like me and do things for me. I didn't used to be like that. I was always the giver and I guess sometimes you just get tired of giving and not receiving. When do the givers get something back?

I used to be very giving and ready to jump up and do anything for my friends. Not that I still don't do that...but it's a little different. I'm not as apt to be the first to open up and say what my friends mean to me...I don't know what's different, but it is. So to all my friends-thank you for putting up with me and my changed attitude. I would do anything for any of my friends and I hope they all realize that.

1 comment:

patrick | steed said...

GOOD LORD! You really wrote this about me didn't you? I'm the same exact way. I used to be so nice and so giving. Now I think I'm just tired of it.

WOW.