Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Check the Peep Hole before you step outside

It happened again this Sunday...I got another creepy letter from the creepy guy. This one wasn't as off the wall as the last one was...but I do "cry" alot in the letter and then eventually die. Not really something that I want to hear...but whatev.

I was handed the letter around some ladies in the kitchen on Sunday so I shared it with them and a few dads that were around. Thier first response was to get a restraining order immediately. Hearing that from a lawyer kind of freaked me out.

So yesterday I spent my lunch break at the Police Station. I sat with the same officer that had arrested this guy before and she's also the same one that spoke with me the last time I turned the letter in to a detective. Anyways...she was very nice and is just frustrated with this guy. Me Too! Well her advice on the restraining order is that the cops have spoken to him before but that didn't do anything and that if he was handed these paper that just might be the thing to "set him off". OK, I don't want to set him off...he's already crazy. But still...I don't see him staying away just because a piece of paper tells him to.

We've told his family about this and they've talked to him about...he just doesn't listen. So now I'm just on my guard. I check my peep-hole before I walk outside and I'm not at the church alone and...you know all the commen sense stuff to stay safe.

I showed my neighbor the letter and he said if it was his daughter he would go knock on this guy's door and tell him to leave me alone or he'll do some damage....
So he said if he needed too, he'll go give this guy a piece of him mind if he doesn't leave me alone. At least I'm being protected.

Some men from the church are supposed to sit down with him this Sunday and set him straight...hopefully that will work and I won't have to worry about this guy anymore.

4 comments:

Christopher W. Speaks said...

Huh.


If I were in Texas, I wouldn't give him a piece of my mind

I'd just plain kick him in the tukas.

lrae said...

I'm confused by all of this. Did you say he was mentally challenged? Is he incapable of distinguishing between right and wrong? If so, that is very dangerous. Perhaps his family needs to consider another living situation for him.

Becky said...

His Family know's he's not all there. But the Father is remarried and his new wife doesn't want anything to do with this guy...that's why the son is here while his family is in Arlington. It's all very ridiculous

lrae said...

That is awful. Poor guy.

I think it may be time to push his family harder. If something were to happen, it would be their fault.

Do you know any lawyers? Some letterhead can do wonders.