Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Home Sweet Home

What a great weekend, packed full of family, friends, and business.
I love taking trips down south. I left work early on Thursday to go to San Antonio and I met up with my brother Andy to have some dinner together. Which was nice because we don't usually get to hang out together. He brought a girl along, so it wasn't just us two, but it was still nice all the same. His lady friend seemed like a good girl, not real talkative, but I wasn't either because we didn't know each other. Anyways...then I met up with my oldest brother Cory and we hung out at his place for a while before meeting up with some friends.

Now these friends are great people, I was very excited/nervous to get to spend my Thursday night with them. I've had a crush on this one guy that was with us since High School. Every time I see him I just get all flushed and my stomach turns over and my legs get weak. It's ridiculous. But I just can't help it. It happens every time and even after seeing him a few times it still happens. Anyways. It was great, we went out to The Falls and listened to some music and had a few drinks. It was pleasant. We decided that since Friday I had nothing to all day and that I would be sitting in Cory apartment all by myself that he would come over and we would hang out all day.

So he came over late the next morning and we ended up watching about 3 movies together: Super Troopers, Van Wilder, and Pirates of the Carribean. We did a little flirting and what not...but that was it. Nothing really happened.
I'm just not confidant enough in myself to do anything so I just waited for him to do or say something, but nothing. Kind of made me a little sad. Oh well. Then we all went out again that night, Me, my three brothers and him. It was nice. And as we were parting ways again that night it was just one of those "well it was good to see you, I'm glad we got to hang out" type endings. Made me a little sad.

Then my Grandmother turned 80 on Saturday. There was a big Shin-Dig at Grady's bar-b-que. All of the family and some of my grandmother's friends were there. It was a big To Do. Then I had to come back home. That was a hard drive back home, it really makes me sad that I have to come back to such an empty feeling after being surrounded by family and friends that I love. Then I get home and I just sit around...stinks.

So Sunday after church I decided that I would just go home again for the night to be with people. I think I really needed that. I had a great conversation with my parents and just some nice relax time. Which is good because the summer is going to be pretty wild.

On my drive back to Georgetown, I decided to call this guy...of course, he didn't answer. Which kind of stinks because I hate calling people and I really hate leaving messages. So that's that...I guess I just wait around and see if he gets the urge to call me and see what I'm up to.
I just don't want to get annoying and call when I should be calling. I don't want him to think I'm some obsessive girl. I'm not, I promise...just a little "crush struck".

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Okay, he came over and hung out with you all day?? That says something to me! Of course, I would think that he would follow up on that, but I guess we'll see. . .

Anyway, that's awesome that you got to spend such quality time with the fam. And you came to my par-tay, which was so sweet of you! Glad I got to see you. Love you lots!