Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Times Change

The end of May just keeps getting closer and closer. I'm getting a little scared about that. Lot's of activities coming up, friends moving away, and just not a lot of time for myself.
I went to Elicia's baptism on Sunday. Well, I didn't really get to see any of it because I had certain responsibilities at my church that morning. But I got there as church was letting out and so I got to say my hello's and give my gifts. That was the last time I am going to see them for a while because the leave for Colorado tomorrow morning. Sad, I know.

Well I started thinking on my drive back to Georgetown...now I know this is going to sound ridiculous when I write it because I already know I'm over reacting. But their are just certain emotions that I get and I think that maybe getting them out will make me feel better.

Becca's college roommate was chosen to be on of the God parent's, along with Steve's sister. Now don't get me wrong I'm am excited for both of them to get that privilege. But then I started thinking, Becca's roommate got to be her maid of honor and now she get's to be the God Mother. I felt a little left out because I've been friends with her longer and have felt that we were really close. I know, that's a selfish feeling.

But then it got me thinking back to weddings. All my friends seem to either have a sister or a "closer" best friend than myself. Courtney had her sister, Carrie has her twin, Stacy has Carrie, Becca had Jessica. Now these girls have all been very close to me...but do I think more of them than they do of me? I don't think so. But when you sit around by yourself as long as I do it all starts to make sense. I want to be as much a friend to them as I feel they are to me. And I think I do a pretty good job of that...

Also, I just found out that my brother has been hanging out with this guy that I used to have a huge crush on in high school. So that got me thinking...my brother is my way in! I'll have to find a reason to just drop in and hang out with all of those guy so that everyone can see how wonderful I am...We'll just see what the weekend holds!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hmmm. . .I can understand how you feel about not being a Godparent. It's not selfish at all--it makes sense.

Your brother IS your way in to the hottie from h.s., chica! Go hang out and strut your stuff! ;)

P.S. I'm getting teary-eyed, too, thinking about how much I will miss you. . .