Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Like I've Said Before

I don't know what's gotten into me...I think I've read about 8 books in the past month...I never realized how much I like to read...but I've found this one lady who I really like. Sarah Mlynowski...she's good. Good for my age. I wouldn't recommend her to my mom or anything because I would most likely be embarrassed if she read what I was reading. Anyways...

In this last book I read of hers titled "Milkrun" she brought up the point that every pot has a lid. I was just shocked. My grandmother is the only person that I have ever heard use that expression. I've said it to a couple friends and we joked about writing a book and calling it "Finding your Lid."

It was just great to see that other people use that expression. Kind of just made my day.




Life has been overwhelmingly positive lately and I just love it. I don't know if I'm just seeing a new outlook on life or what. But things are just going very well for me right now. I'm finally up for review at work and was told I would get a certain% pay increase upon my formal evaluation...that's awesome. Makes me feel wanted...that I'm doing something right and that they want me here.

And some old friends are coming into Austin, so that will be good to see some familiar faces. I guess he's really not an old friend...but we used to hang out. I'm not getting into detail for fear of sounding ridiculous. But that will be nice.

So, my brother and I have been trying to plan a summer trip together. First we planned on going to Vegas, but that turned into way too much money. So we decided on San Diego...yup that was expensive too. Stupid high gas prices are making our trips harder to do. I was really excited about this...it was going to me and my brothers. But so far it looks like not much is going to happen.
If someone has any suggestions as too a cheap place to go to would be...let me know.

1 comment:

Christopher W. Speaks said...

I don't do pot. And I especially don't do lids.