Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Go Ahead, Tell me You'll Leave Again

Lying in my bed trying to fall asleep is when I come up with all these exciting things to write about in my blog the next day. And as soon as I sit down in front of the computer to let it all come out...I'm just blank. That drives me crazy. It even keeps me up at night because I have all these great ideas, and I try to come up with interesting way to write about them...I need to start keeping a notepad by my bed.

One thing that has really been bothering me, and I know it shouldn't but I can't help it...is the age difference between people in relationships. I know eventually it doesn't matter, my parents are 5 years apart, my best friend is 9 years younger than her husband, but I guess I see those as being acceptable because I know these men...they're good people. As for some other guys that I know...I know exactly why they're going for these younger girls and it just makes me want to scream. If I didn't know these boys intentions, I don't think it would bother me as much. But they've come right out and told me and it just gets me all riled up.
Apparently girls that are closer to their age are more mature and know what they want out of life and these girls that are under the age of 20 are all...lets drink and be stupid. No, I'm not being stereotypical...I've hung out with them and know them. I'm not saying don't have fun...just don't be "silly" about it.

I use the word "silly" in place of another word because I don't want to be vulgar for my readers. Now I like these guys....let me rephrase that...I LIKED (past tense) these guys, they're great people on the outside and to everyone else they're responsible, mature and all around good boys, but I've talked with them. Even had them on pedastools because of what I thought they represented. Had their hearts poured out to me, only to find out something younger and dumber would be easier to handle. Now I could just be bitter...but I've seen them together and it's makes me want to scrub every part of my body....

It also drives me crazy when family does that. I love everyone in my family so much. And to hear that someone younger is who they're looking for really makes me skin crawl. Why is that? Why do guys always look for someone that is 5-10 years younger than them? I don't get it. What can you possible have in common? Especially when the girls is barely in college and the guy has been out of college for years...I can understand later on in life when they're both on the same track of being out of college and living on their own. Whatever. I just hate to see these young girls get hurt...it makes me hurt for them.
So to all you boys out there...just be careful of what you're doing. Know that girls always fall harder than you do could possibly be reading into a situation more than you are. Just be cautious of what you're doing.

Also on another note, I know I'm 4 weeks early, but I am getting so excited about Thanksgiving. This is my all time favorite holiday!! Why you ask...mostly because there's a couple different types of mashed potatoes that are served that day, but because it's just a great holiday. The whole family gets together and all you have to worry about is food. You don't have to buy gifts for 30 people, you don't have to wrap the 30 gifts, all you do is sit around and eat all day. Maybe watch a little football and take naps, but it's a day dedicated to eating. Now I may not look like someone that eats a lot...but believe me, I can put it away. That is one holiday when I hate that I'm a picky eater. I mostly just eat the turkey, mashed potatoes and a roll....but I always get seconds. There's usually not a vegetable that I like served on that day and I don't know why that is. Then a couple hours after eating...it's time to hit the desert table. Deliciousness all around!!

29 more days!!!


I don't mind where you come from
As long as you come to me
I don't like illusions I can't see
Them clearly

I don't care no I wouldn't dare
To fix the twist in you
You've shown me eventually
What you'll do

I don't mind...
I don't care...
As long are you're here

Go ahead tell me you'll leave again
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are
If you take me for everything
Do it all over again
It's all the same

Hours slide and days go by
Till you decide to come
And in between it always seems too long
All of a sudden

And I have the skill, yeah I have the will
To breathe you in while I can
However long you stay
Is all that I am

I don't mind...
I don't care...
As long are you're here

Go ahead tell me you'll leave again
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are
If you take me for everything
Do it all over again
It's always the same

Wrong or right
Black or white
If I close my eyes
It's all the same

In my life
The compromise
I close my eyes
It's all the same

Go ahead say it you're leaving
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are
If you take me for everything
Do it all over again
It's all the same
-Sick Puppies

No comments: