Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I'm Broken

Well it's been a while since I've reached out to you all in the land of the internet. It's been a busy week and half. I had almost gone insane...but then I came back.

I was very excited to go to Kerrville last week. We were going to have a mini-retreat for the San Antonio and Austin Conference Youth Directors. Something that I really needed. First I had to get up before 7:00 AM, so that was rough, and when I get up early I usually get that nauseous feeling in my stomach. Well that feeling wasn't going away even after getting out of bed and getting dressed and ready to go. My ride got to my apartment at about 7:15 and came up to my place. I told her I wasn't feeling well...long story summurized: I lost 5 pounds on Thursday because I was so sick. That's right...throwing up from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30...that makes for a long horrible day. It was awful. But I got to take lots of little naps and watch loads of TV. I like TV!!
Props to Kyle for bringing me some Delicous Gatorade (which I later threw up) and Over the Hedge. I haven't been sick like that in so long that I forgot how horrible feels.

So I spent the rest of the weekend laying on my couch and watching TV and sleeping. It was semi-relaxing, semi-recovery. Didn't eat much, so I didn't have much strength. But I got enough of it to go to Trunk-Or-Treat. That's just a little event that the church puts on for a Halloween Celebration. We line up our cars, decorate our trunks and the kids get dressed up and trick-or-treat from trunk to trunk!! It's fun.

Now I guess I'm still in some sort of recovery process. I still just feel so tired all day and my appetite is just shot. Nothing sounds good, and nothing tastes good.

"If weakness is a wound that no one wants to speak of
Then "cool" is just how far we have to fall
I am not immune, I only want to be loved
But I feel safe behind the firewall...
...I'm not alright, I'm broken inside
And all I go through, it leads me to you"
-Sanctus Real

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, girl, I'm sorry you were so sick. That's the crummiest feeling EVER. I hope your appetite comes back, because you need to gain that weight back! :)

Miss you. Sorry I've been out of touch lately. Got this week's card from you today. Made me smile, as usual. Love you.