Monday, October 30, 2006

Wonderful Days

I just had one of the best weekends I've had in a while. Three days that were just wonderful and full of little things to make me smile!! Here's a recap:

FRIDAY:
This day starts off with lunch with my aunt. She takes me to lunch every now and then and always brings me presents. She doesn't have any children and so she enjoys spoiling her neices and nephews, and now that I'm one that lives close to Austin, she has taken it upon herself to focus much of her spending on me. Now sometimes it's awesome stuff...and sometimes it's stuff for a 12 year old, but it's the thought that counts. OK, so that was fun. The day continues with a stop at the new Outlet mall in Round Rock. It was a beautiful day to be walking around outside. I was there for a reason, I need a black sweater to wear over my new dress for a wedding on November 19. OK, so I didn't find anything, so I went shopping in Georgetown at Wolf Ranch. Great place. I go to TJ Maxx. I love that place. As I'm about to go in, I see a woman about 12 feet away that's about to come into the store, so I stand at the door and hold it open for her. She looks at me and says "thank you" and so I say "you're very welcome" and then she looks at me and says "You're a very nice person!" and I say "thank you". I love little acts of kindness like that. I thought I was just being polite and she thought it was wonderful, so that was a little smile for me to keep for the rest of the day!


I bought some wine glasses while I was there. I have been wanting a nice set of wine glasses for a while so I just went ahead and got some. I took them home and washed them, TWO sad things happened. I broke one in the sink while I was washing it, which almost made me cry (because I only had 3 ugly wine glasses to start off with and I was so excited about having a set of 4), and then...they're too tall to fit in my cabinets :( That was a bummer. They're still sitting out on my counter because I don't know where to store them...


OK, now were at Friday night. Kyle's roommate Eric's birthday was Friday and so there was a group of them that went camping. I went out for a while that night. I'm not about to sleep on the ground, so the plan was to stay until about midnight...OK, that didn't happen. I was really having a great time. Sitting around the fire, talking with people and watching boys act like men. It's super funny. OK, so they're not really boys....maybe I should have said, Men acting like boys. They get funny when they're out in the wilderness. When midnight came around the guys wanted to take a trek to the river. I thought that was a good time to leave, they walk away and I sneak off to my VUE. Well, sometimes you just can't get passed a guy that is 6'6" and built like a brick wall. I was slung over the shoulders and carried into the woods, far enough to wear I would be scared to walk back to my vehicle by myself. So yes, I did make the trip to the river. Which I was glad I did because it was fun. Cold, but fun. I got to see a side of these guys that I don't rarely get to see...so I'm glad I stayed later than I planned. That usually happens, and I'm usually glad that I stay. OK...



SATURDAY:
I sleep till 11:30, so that right there is a good way to start a Saturday. I ran a couple errands in town and then decided that I wanted to see a movie. I drive to Tinseltown to see the 3:30 showing of The Prestige. I bought my coke from the counter and as I was saying "thank you" the guy behind the counter, he was maybe mid 30's, looks at me and says "you have such a beautiful smile". I blushed, said "thank you" and walked away. Again, another little act of kindness that made me smile. It's the little things. I watch the movie. It was excellent, I highly recommend it.


As I was walking back to my car I noticed that I missed a call from an old friend. Apparently he was working a lock-in at a church in Pflugerville where I just so happened to be. How ironic. So I drive out to where he is and we get to hang out for just a little bit. I hadn't seen him since February, so it was nice to see a familiar face again. For the past 4 years or so I've been in his cell phone as Boo. So that always makes me smile. What a great kid!


So that was a great Saturday. Plus, we all got an extra hour of sleep that night!

SUNDAY:
Confirmation Sunday. I could have ripped my hair out getting everything prepared for this Sunday. But everything ran so smoothly. I hate that I stress and overthink everything. It was a great service. I wore a dress! I haven't worn a dress that wasn't a bridesmaids dress in a very long time. Yes, I wear skirts every now and then, but a dress is different. So I got pleny of compliments that day, which of course made me smile. I got to go to a great after party with a delicious lunch and then it was back to church for some work.


I took a group of middle schoolers to a hockey game. I was excited, it was my first one. Sporting events are so much more fun live. I had a great time. Plus, afterwards, we all got to ice-skate with the Hockey players. Now that's a neat thing. Of course, I'm such a chicken that I didn't talk to any of them, but it was still a neat thing to do.

So that was my wonderful weekend. I didn't have a bad day and everything was just falling into place. I love weekends like that!!

3 comments:

Thister said...

Sounds like an eventful weekend. How was The Prestige? I want to see it.

patrick | steed said...

weekend posts are the best. one of my first blogs was about a good weekend i had. not as detailed or fun as yours, and the words are hard to read cuz i was font crazy, but good times all the same.

Rob West said...

Beckywecky!

Lookin good on them skates, sister!

Haven't heard form you in a while, and it looks like you're the only one from Swankytown still updating... But I just updated!!!!

Hope you're doin good. Talk to you soon!