Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Life in the Fast Lane

I don't even know where to begin. Life has been throwing punches at me for the past couple of days and I just feel the bruises coming up. I just need to sleep for 24 hours, because maybe when I wake up everything will be fine.

I had a nice visit at home with my family. It's always nice to see them and be around people that I love and that love me. That's just an awesome feeling.
Coming back...now that's another story.

Work has made me nervous, uncomfortable, weary, ganged up on and at the same time, I'm excited to be back and start a new year. I have had some uncomfortable situations come up while meeting with my youth. I had some "adults" observe and intervene with my night. It was, to me, really rude and un-called for. I don't like that people just assume they can come up and interupt my group because they want things done a certain way. I was so upset and just steamed Sunday night and it really isn't getting any better.

I have been having meetings non-stop it seems. I'm scared of my meeting tomorrow. It's with my Committee chair and then apparently whoever else just feels like showing up. SCARY. From what I've heard around the way...I should be a little scared. Apparently I'm not pulling enough weight around here. Whatever that means. I've been working like crazy the past couple months. I'm sorry to all you families that don't have children that don't see all the work I do. My evaluation has also been postponed. It should have been last month and I haven't heard any talk of when it is going to be. Yuck...now, that's a scary feeling. Hopefully I'm just analyzing things too much and it's not going to big of a deal. But then again...maybe it's good that I am so that I can prepare myself. What a sinking feeling.

I also mentioned to my boss today about the "lonliness" feeling. I don't think he took me very literally...or maybe it was too literally. He suggested that I go on eHarmony.com to try and find someone in the area to meet. I'm looking into it. Mostly just for grins.

Anyways...things have been a tad stressful the past couple days and I've really been shutting myself out because I just don't really know how to deal with everything that is going on. But I ask you all for prayers of strength for my meeting tomorrow, and just for support for whatever happens.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Okay, I was just thinking about how I have NOT SEEN YOU in, um, forever it seems. So Lauren and Becky are having some time together SOON!!! I know I'll see you tomorrow, but we both know we'll need more L/B time than that. So when? I'll talk to you today sometime.

You're in my prayers. Stay strong, girl, and know we're all here for you. And God's always on your side.