Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Apologies

I'm sorry Chris...it's taken me a while to get a write up out about my White Elephant gift. I had been sad for so long that I had never received it...well...it came over the holiday's while I was out of my apartment and it had been held in the complex office for the few days that I was gone.

I picked it up on January 2nd or 3rd, I can't remember because last week was kind of shady for me.

But as soon as I walked in the apartment office and saw the pile of boxes that had been delivered over the holidays, I saw my special box that was right on top. Becky Moczygemba was scribbled on it. Not really, the hand writing was very nice. It was a nice box, cute in size. (sorry, I just like boxes for some reason).

Those three flights of stairs to my door took a while because I was excited and carrying a bunch of stuff. As soon as I got in the door I put my stuff down and picked up Peanut, she sat in my lap as I opened my box. I had to get up and get some scissors because it was taped pretty good.

A note was the first thing I saw as I opened the box, an artistically drawn reindeer with the words Merry Christmas written above it. "Yea!" I said.

Under the drawing was my gift.
Now this is no ordinary gift. It was something that my brother's and I had tried to do growing up and never really had success.

I'll give you clues:

It's round





It's about 5 or 6 inches in diameter






It can bounce really well, my neighbors underneath me most likely weren't happy that I was bouncing it on my kitchen floor.





It's pretty heavy




OK....I'll tell you what it is.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
...it's a rubberband ball.

It was amazing. I had never seen one this big in my life. Peanut enjoyed crawling on it and sniffing around on it. It was very interesting to her.

Thank you Chris for this lovely gift. It has hours of intertainment rolled up in it.

3 comments:

Rob West said...

Wow. Capn, did you buy that or make it? Either way, congrats. A rubber band ball is always an achievement.

How big is it, Twinks? Basketball size?? BIGGER???

As big as Pee-Wee's foil ball????

Becky said...

Pretty much the same size as the foil ball!!!

Just kidding.

It's pretty big for a rubber band ball.

I'm pretty sure it's larger than a soft ball, but not quite as big as a mini-basketball. You know what I mean.

It's fun.
Cap'n...did you make it yourself? because that would be VERY time consuming.

Lauren said...

Becky, you were cute on stage on Sunday. . .too bad they didn't ask you to DO something. But you're really good at just standing there and looking cute, so that's all that matters. :)

And yes, I had a great time with you on Friday. . .this week--when and where? I'm there!