Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Becky's Secret

Last night was one of those disappointing nights in Television...I usually watch the TV show HOUSE and CLOSE to HOME...both were cancelled because of different circumstances. I thought to myself...geez, the one night I actually watch TV shows their the ones that are that got booted off for the one night. It started off being such a great evening because I went home and I actually cooked...but we'll get to that later.

The Billboard Music awards were on, so I flipped back and forth from other TV shows. I've always had a girl crush on Gwen Stefani...even since like the 8th grade. Anyways...she's totally hot. Her performance of Luxurious....AMAZING. (OK, so I thought she could have used a different hair style, but whatever, I don't judge) I thought it was so much better than the radio version. I now like that song. Plus, any pop star that brings in a rapper (Slim Thug or any one of the sorts) has Gold Stars in my book.

The next thing I watched, because Close to Home was canceled for the night, was the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. All I can say is Oh My Goodness. I want to be a VS model so bad right now. All you have to do is walk about 40 feet on a runway turn around and pray you don't trip. These girls have it made...they sit in a chair, people fix there hair while someone else is applying their make-up and they look gorgeous. I would totally look gorgeous if I had someone do my hair and make-up every day. That is definitely one of my Secret fantasies (if you will) to get to do that at some time in my life. Not necessarily as a career. But I would definitely love to get to walk the runway at some point in time.

OK...back to my dinner...I cooked some amazing chicken friend steak. I don't mean to brag, but I did a hell of a job last night. I even made homemade gravy to put on it. I was so proud of myself. I didn't have any potatoes at home so I had to make instant mashed potatoes...but I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to mashed potatoes.
OK...so why cook last night and eat like a pig? We got our church directories in yesterday. They literally took a year to get back. Seriously, I took my picture last November for it, right before I went home for Thanksgiving. Well, the secretary stopped me as I was leaving and she said I was looking at the directory with my daughter and...you've lost weight. And she's right, I have. I didn't think it was that noticable, but when I went home for Thanksgiving I noticed that I lost about 6 or 7 pounds. Now to many of you that sounds like a very small number...but, I'm a very small person. So that is a large amount for me. And for someone to actually say they've noticed that I've lose weight in my face...Whoah...that was a big shock.

So I'm trying to eat more...I guess that's wrong, maybe eat more healthier and more regularly. Hopefully that will work...because it's pathetic when a size zero is too big. I may sound silly saying this...but please pray that I gain weight...
I mean, I feel good so it's not like I'm worried, but I don't want it to get out of hand.

"This kind of love is getting expensive
We know how to live baby
We're luxurious like Egyptian cotton
We're so rich in love we're rollin' in cashmere
Got it in fifth gear baby
Diamond in the rough is lookin so sparkly

Working so hard every night and day
And now we get the pay back
Trying so hard saving up the paper
Now we get to lay back"
-Gwen Stefani

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Eat, eat, eat! :) That's funny, though, because you ALWAYS eat. So it's not like you're intentionally losing weight. Weird.

Oh, and you should totally be a VS model! You're gorgeous. :)

Rob West said...

I'll tell you what I told Mo:

A little bit overweight is DEFINITELY hotter than a little bit underweight. Those supermodels look great on the screen, but I'll bet if I ever met one, I'd think, DANG she's too skinny.

But for a guy who ate Spaghettio's and Wheat Thins for dinner last night, you sure are making me hungry.

(And I agree with Lauren, for the record)

Becky said...

So I bring cookies to work and eat all day...I don't get it. I love food.
Last week I ate half a pizza from domino's at one sitting.

Yummmmm....I love spaghettio's. I usually eat mine with a tasty grilled cheese.

I wonder if Victoria is taking any applications...hope so, I also hope I'm tall enough

Lauren said...

Well, that was one concern I had--you might be too short. I think we both are. Maybe we should start up the VS Shortys (get it? like "shorty" as in "hot girl"?) That would be awesome. It'd be all the petite girls struttin' their stuff.

Rob West said...

I know she doesn't model for Victoria's secret, but I thoguht it might make you feel better to remind you that Carmen Electra is only 5'3".

Becky said...

Well that just means we'll have to include Carmen in our "Showty's" club and she can strut her stuff with us...as long as she brings Dave along to hang out with us.

Lauren said...

Becky! New favorite song: Check on It by Beyonce. It'd be perfect for our walk down the runway. Or clubbin' with other showtys.

Becky said...

Lauren, I like the way you think. That would be perfect for us to walk the runway to.