Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas is All Around

"I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
That Christmas is all around me
And so the feeling grows
It's written on the wind
It's everywhere I go
So if you really love me
Come on and let it snow"

From one of the greatest movies EVER. I love Love Actually, it's such a great holiday movie, and not even during the holiday's it's a great movie.

I just got back from a Deliciously Free lunch with Lauren. We had to get our 'fix' of each other before we left for the holiday. She shared her Christmas fantasy in a previous blog and it got me thinking of what I would want as a Christmas fantasy.
Besides the basic one of being with all of my family around the dinner table just goofing off and sharing memories I've had a hard time coming up with something. I think when it comes to "Fantasies" I can't divide them into holidays. I have my dreams of what I would like to do with someone that I love, but when it comes to holiday's, I really do just want to be with my family and the rest of the people that I love.

I have fantasies...I'm going to change that word to imagine, because I'm not really liking that word, fantasy. I imagine going to a tropical location and just not doing anything, and I also imagine going to the mountains or to the city and just traveling in general.
I have alway wanted to go to Rockafella (that's my ghetto side) center in New York and seeing the huge tree and seeing all the decorations, but I wouldn't want to be there on Christmas day. I want to be wherever my family is. Unless I could get my whole family up there at once.
Although I think it would be neat to do something like that when I first get married, because then there's no extra baggage (kids) and we could still play it off as part of the honey moon era. I guess I should just quit dreaming because it just gets me hyped up and then I'm back to where I'm at...going home to an empty apartment. Which is great...but just another reminder that I'm still somewhat "alone". Which I'm not too sad about anymore. I need to start taking advantage of the fact that I get to do whatever I want with my life right now. YEA!!!

So what do I want to do with my life right now??....
I have options and I have ideas and I have dreams...it's just following through with one of them and being happy with what I do. I just need to find my rockstar to sweep me off my feet...so if you're out there...I'm here and I'm waiting!!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Miguel rules! He totally was crushin' on us.

And I don't necessarily want to be in NYC on Christmas DAY, but sometime around Chrissymas would be fun. I'm the same way about family, though--that's all I really want is to be around them.

Rob West said...

I'm trying ladies, I promise. But whenever I add New York and Christmas in my brain, I always come up with Home Alone 2.

Becky said...

Ha ha...home alone 2...they did alright with the first 2, but I couldn't bring myself to watch the 3rd one.

Maybe you could think of Serendipity or another Holiday movie...

Migues Rules!!
..."your lips look nice"