Tuesday, December 27, 2005

When's My Vacation?

Yea for Christmas!! Got to hang out with the whole family for a while and that's always nice. Although, very tiring. Going home is almost a hassle at times. I don't have a room there anymore because it is now taken over by Andy, which is fine, he needs somewhere to live. But that means I'm sleeping on an air mattress in the living room. Not one of the best sleeping arrangements I've ever had, but it beats sleeping in the tile floor or the couch. So I didn't really get any "good" sleep for those 4 nights. But that's alright, because I wasn't at work and I was enjoying my time with the fam.
I got some good pics, but those will have to come later because I do real film and not digital.

I didn't really get to see any friends from high school while I was down. Things are really different between those friends and I. Mostly it's because they're either married or engaged and just don't do ANYTHING EVER. So I'm stuck at home, which isn't bad. But you know...it would be nice to go out and be social. Thanksgiving was nice and I got to go out, but I hung out with people from another town, and not people I went to HS with. It's whatev.

Now it's off to Kerrville for three nights. Texas lil' slice o' Hot and I have just planned an event for all the high school kiddo's in our Synod. Pray that it all goes well.
I called my planning team partner last night to see if there were any last minute things that I needed to take care of...get this...she changed almost everything for the three days of presentations. So basically, I don't really know what's going on anymore. Which, I guess is OK because then I'm not the one stressing over what is going on. I'll just hang out and eat the candy canes that I'm bringing along. That should be fun.

Things should get back to a more normal pace sometime after the new year. Hopefully, Lauren and I will get to take a trip to relax after all of this stress...Watch out East Coast!!
Alright, my girlies are showing up...I'll get back to you guys in a couple days!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

mmmm. . .candy canes! Let's just sit and eat them all day in a little back corner and be silly together! They don't need us, right? :)