Monday, December 12, 2005

Same Name

I've been having the worst time trying to fall asleep the past couple of nights. I just can't seem to shut my brain off to let myself relax and sleep. It's driving me crazy, because it makes me a little sleepy. So last night my thoughts turned into names and people that I've encountered in my life...mostly boys. The same names keep reappearing so maybe I just need to take a hint when I hear these names.
I'll start back at the summer after 4th grade, I was at Camp Chrysalis for my first time ever as a camper. (I know take my kiddo's there in the summer...special)
So it was the night of the dance and this one boy in my older brother's cabin asked me to dance to some country song. His name was Matt and he was so cute. Maybe he wasn't, but in 4th grade he was very cute to me. That was my first Matt encounter.
Matt #2 didn't come until college. I dated his suite mate and therefore hung out in the same area as him a lot of times. Well he had an amazing personality that I could just sit and talk with for hours. But he always asked me when we were going to 'make out'...so it got weird. But he's still awesome.
Matt #3 was also in college. This time, he was younger than me. But looked like Chris Carraba, which really drew me to him. We hung out a bit, but then I found out he had a girl friend, and so that wasn't that great.
Matt #4 was right after I graduated college and he was a coach at the university that I went to. He was older and would come over to our house and hit on my roommate and I just thought he was creepy.
Matt #5...Detroit...and that's all I'll say.

Next Boy we come too...TRAVIS.
Travis #1 was in high school and he was my first real kiss. I grew up in a town where you are either a farmer, in band or in athletics. I was neither. He was a runner. Awwww...he was something else.
Travis #2. My best friend had a huge crush on him and finally got to date him. They dated for a while. Then I got a phone call from him one day saying that he broke up with her because he liked me too much. Yuck, I felt gross. Not to mention, my best friend just got dumped.
Travis #3. Was from a different school and dated one of my friends from school and started to call me to hang out. I apologize to any girl that got dumped by a Travis because of me...it's not my fault, and NO, I didn't date either one of them after they broke up with these beautifully amazing girls.

Next Boy...Chris.
Chris #1 worked at my University that I went to, but not while I was there. I met him through other people. We hung out a couple times...he hit on me. He had a girlfriend for a couple years and he still cheated on her with a couple girls. Get a life.
Chris #2....from Wisconsin. Sweet as can be. But again...out of state.
Kris #3...South Carolina. Again, sweet as can be, but out of state.

It's the same names to me over and over. I guess I need to run when I hear some of these names. They really are all great guys. Just need some growing up to do. Well, not all of them, but some. I need to get a new list of names I guess.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That's so funny, girl. I think about this stuff, too. It seems like I always go after guys with names that start with "T." Maybe I'm over that phase.

Rob West said...

I had a similar problem once that came to a head my Freshman year of college and I learned my darn lesson for good-n-all: Any girl with K for an initial is bad news. Period.

In fact, girls with K in their name at all are a red flag.

Of course, then I got screwed over by some K-less girls, and it turned out women in general are just plain evil. Or stupid. Or.. uh.. stuvil?