Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What do you Love?

I know we all have the little things, well really their big, like family and friends and God. But I've come to realize that there are really other things that I love.
I remember growing up we ALWAYS had some kind of animal at the house...dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, rats, mice, parakeets, a rabbit, fish. Those were all family pets. Yea, I loved them like anyone loves their pets.

But with Peanut...she's MINE. I got her, I raised her, she knows me and I know her. I love that little sucker so much. I'm sad that I got one that was already "different", but that's what made her special. I love her little head tilt, even though it's a sign of sickness. I think we just have something special. I could be standing in the kitchen doing something and she'll just start at my ankle and climb all the way up to my shoulder just to get a look at what I'm doing. Yes, I have scratch marks from her, but I don't mind.
We really bond. Watching TV on the couch with her just makes me smile...she'll just curl up on my neck and lay there with me. I guess it's just nice to have something around. I'll be sad when she's gone, but she's a champ and she's should be around for a while still.

I just think it's a different kind of love when you're the only one giving it. I don't have to share my love for her with someone else...that sounds so silly, but it's true.

I also love getting stuff in the mail. That is always so much fun. I keep buying stuff online just so that I get mail. It's always a surprise to open the mail box and find something. I got an invitation to TLU's graduation and that was the only thing in the box...it was just "yeah" I got mail. Plus it let's me know that someone was thinking of me.

Maybe love is the wrong word for these things, but it was the only thing I could come up with...
What do you guys love?

2 comments:

Rob West said...

I love finding a distant field and lying on the hood of my car and staring at the sky. Actually it's been a long time since I "found" anything. I found a field a long time ago that I still use. But that's a nice feeling. It's my time there, I'm never bothered, and I can just unwind and take it all in.

Becky said...

That's what I need...a field. I remember in high school and laying on the roof of the house and just watching the stars. It's like fire...something you can stair at for hours and not get bored.