Monday, February 06, 2006

Another Sinking Feeling...

As I sit here at my desk I've been having the hardest time breathing. The feeling where something is wrapped tightly around your chest that it almost makes you want to cry. Where does that feeling come from? I try to yawn to get oxygen into my lungs, but it still feels like something is wrong. But as always, I will sit here and suck it up.
(I guess there is just some underlying stress that I'm unaware of.)

What a weekend. Actually not much happened on Friday and Saturday, I had plans for both days, but things just seemed to fall through. Which is fine, I don't mind sitting around.
I did get to go to San Antonio for the Super Bowl XL which I'm glad I did. I got to see all my college friends that I don't ever get to hang out with. It was nice. It was also different. It's not like it used to be when we hung out in college. I think I'm the only one that feels that way though. They still live pretty close to each other and get to see each other more regularly, so then when I come into the picture I just feel so out of the loop. It's kind of sad. Apparently I've changed a lot since graduating college and have just now realized it.

I've also been doing a lot of baby shopping recently because my best friend from back home will be having a baby girl in April. I already have a box filled with clothes for her and a basket with a blanket, bottles, headbands, pacifiers and a few other things for her. It makes me happy to do that for her because I love that girl so much.
It also came to my attention that another friend from high school is recently pregnant. As excited and overjoyed as I am for them...that defenantly causes part of the sinking feeling. She's just now 21 and has been married to my friend Keith for a little over a year now. So this girl who is younger than me and is married is going to have a baby. I can't help it but have a little feeling of unhappiness to go along with my excitement for them. OK, enough of that.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Let's do something this week. When it seems like everyone around us is getting married and/or having babies, us single girls need to unite, eh?

But you can invite Assman if you want. ;)