Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Is a Restraining Order in line?

Yesterday was a very exciting/random/creepy day.
As I was walking out the church door's to go home for lunch I got a phone call from Kara asking if I wanted to get some lunch with her and her intern. Of course I want to get lunch with her. So we went to the usual place, Logan's in Round Rock. Always a good choice. She has a former youth that is a waiter there so we sat in his section. And then there was this other waiter that looked very familiar. Turns out he is one of my "friends" on myspace. Weird, huh?! So he came and said hello and we chatted for a while. It was pretty neat. He's pretty cute. Then as we were leaving Kara thought it would be a good idea if I would leave my phone number on the receipt. So she, Not I...I would NEVER do that...wrote it down and was like "I'm going to hand it to him as we leave." Oh my gosh I was getting embarrassed. I told her not to because that's just silly, seriously, who does that? Anyways...our waiter makes this huge announcement, when I say huge, I mean yelling it across a couple of tables and into the kitchen: "Hey ___, I think you're getting a number!" Seriously, it was loud. I was even more embarrassed and so I just walked out, I didn't know what to do because by then most of the people in the restaurant were looking at me. I stood in the little waiting area at the front for Kara...she stayed behind and I still don't know what she did. I couldn't believe that happened....

OK, so then I come back to work. I leave at 5:30 like I usually do and there was a note on my windshield. I immediately knew who it was from. We have this guy that joined our church a couple months ago who has schitzophrenia and really creeps me out. He doesn't work, so he hits golf balls in the field by the church EVERY DAY. Well it was a couple of pages long, a little weird, very crude at some places, and just bizarre. I don't know what to think about it. I don't want to find weird letters on my car when I leave. Yuck. I showed Pastor this morning and he just laughed, which really hurt my feelings because I was really offended about the letter. I guess I'll just save it as evidence for now. In case something happens again. But hopefully nothing will.

So all in all, it's been a weird week.

I went to Austin on Monday and had dinner with my cousin. We went to Manny Hatten's, which was pretty good. We talked about our spring break plans and a bunch of other things. Then he was gracious enough to come with me to David's Bridal. I had a bridesmaid dress that came in and I need to get it altered. So...I did. A size 2 is just too huge on my. It looked like a pink monster sneezed on me. But after all of the pins were in I could tell that is was going to look nice on my. Well, it better be nice because alterations alone are costing me $97.00. Can you believe that?! That's almost the full price of the dress. I can't believe how much money I spend on my friend's weddings. I'm beginning to think that I won't even have a wedding party. It'll just be me and my husband up there in front of everyone. That way they can spend more money on our gifts. Just kidding...I have no plans for this day yet...

OK...count down time. 6 more days!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oooh, Becky, definitely keep the creepy note for possible future reference. That's scary. I can't believe the pastor laughed! That's horrible!

Maybe you'll be getting a phone call tonight from Mr. Myspace while we're having coffee? He better be cooler (and, um, younger) than Assman. . .ha ha

Yes, I've found that my alterations cost almost the price of my dresses, too. Sucks. I lucked out with Trish's wedding, though--she already had the dresses, so I only have to pay for alterations/shoes/etc.! Awesome.

Christopher W. Speaks said...

During my obsessed-with-Radiohead phase during college, I saw a car in the parking lot one day with a Radiohead sticker on the bumper - so I scrambled to find a piece of paper and a pen so I could write "I like Radiohead too" and leave it on the person's windshield.

I think back on that and wonder what he/she thought when they found such a random (creepy) note.