Monday, February 27, 2006

The Clever Juices aren't flowing

What a great weekend. Sometimes being lazy is boring, but sometimes it's not. I just had a super weekend. My weekend's always start on Thursday night since I do not work in Friday's. What's a better way to start than by getting off early? The secretary left early to go to her son's track meet and the Pastor always leaves at 4:30 anyways, and since I'm a little creeped out by the man that always plays golf in the field in front of the church and leaves me creepy gross notes on my windshield, the Pastor didn't want me staying at the church by myself for an hours, so he said for me to leave with him. I didn't argue.

I celebrated by doing some shopping!! I just got some "lounging" clothes from Old Nave to take on my ski trip. And then I loaded up on pain pills and little soaps at Target. I love buying travel size stuff. It's such a waste of money...but I just love little things. Don't judge me. Georgetown has a new shopping center, so I then just went to a 5 other stores just for the heck of it.
Thursday night is Bible Study night and we met at Chili's and got desert while we did our study. That was a nice little treat...but goodness, eating goodies that late at night doesn't really do much for the stomach. I was a little full and it's hard to relax...whatever.

Friday I got up and did some more shopping. I went to Academy because they have their winter stuff on sail. I got a cute little beanie with snow flakes on it, some cheap hiking boots and a bright green polar fleece. Awesome. I then continued south on I 35 to go to Tinseltown. I've been wanting to see BrokeBack Mountain for quite some time and I finally made my way to see it. It was pretty good. I thought it was a little sad, but it was good. Then a little more chill time back at the Casa. All in all, it was a good day.

Saturday was just as good. More sitting around. But then that evening I got to go Ice Skaing. Now I haven't gone since middle school which is about 12 years. But not to sound cocky or anything...but I'm a rock star when it comes to Ice Skating. Seriously, my kiddo's couldn't keep up with me. I had a blast and am totally ready to do that again. Plus, there was another youth group there from Austin...so after some forcefull intervention by some of my youth and one of their mom's, I made myself go and talk to their leader...Trent. Totally cute, so I was super nervous. We skated a couple laps together and stood at the wall a while. It was nice. Nothing drastic, but I have a hard time going up to good looking people. Plus, now I know another Youth Pastor which is always a good thing when you're in this field.

Today's a busy day too. Pastor is taking staff and volunteers to lunch today!! Yeah, free lunch!! Then I have to go to Round Rock to meet with my insurance agent...at least it'll get me out of the office for a while...

Then tomorrow after work...Lauren is picking me up and we're off on a new crazy adventure!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

We should ice-skate together--we'd both blow everyone away. I go really fast and I NEVER fall. Yes, I am awesome. :) And humble.

Girl, you and Trent need to HOOK IT UP. Thanks for the link to his picture. Now I'm going to be all about the "Becky-Trent" project. Assman doesn't stand a chance. ;)

Rob West said...

1)Don't be afraid of schizophrenics. Thay are mostly harmless people who just happen to be completely nuts. They are kind of like me that way.

2)I still think you're lying about pineapple butter. Shenanigans!

Becky said...

Well Lauren, I think Assman is out of the picture...I haven't heard from him in a while. So that's probably good. And with my luck, Trent already has a beautiful girlfriend.
I'm TOTALLY up for going Ice Skating with you. My girlies couldn't keep up with me!!

Robby Rob-I promise there is pineapple butter. I even tried ordering some off of the internet...but the cost of shipping is ridiculous. Sorry Buddy.

Rob West said...

I'm back