Monday, February 13, 2006

that ANNOYING neighbor

A couple weekends ago I was awakened by this awful honking, the sound of a car alarm going off. Yes, the sound of lots of random honking and I'm sure the flashing headlights. I was pissed...it went on for quite a long while. A day when I finally get to sleep in and there it is...*honk* *honk* *honk* for minutes on end. How rude. I live on the third floor and my bedroom is on the back side and I can still hear every stinkin' honk.

This morning a 6:22 A.M. I hear it again...*honk* *honk* *honk*. By this time it's ridiculous because I know I'm not going to go back to sleep, therefore I lost a good hour of sleep this morning. It stops at 6:23. Ahhhh, quiet again.
6:34 A.M...yup...honks and more honks. I wanted to scream. I put my hair in a pony tail and go to the door, I unlock all my dead bolts and open the door...and Yes, you guessed it (hopefully you didn't guess it, but maybe you did)...IT WAS MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!

I was mortified. How embarrassing, how rude, how unexpected. I don't even have a car alarm and this vehicle is going crazy with the flashy lights and the honking horn. I don't know if it was cranky and just telling me that it was cold and wanted a blanket or what. What would make it do that. I don't have an alarm, therefore I don't have a switch or something I can just turn off.

I feel for my neighbor's, especially the one's on the first floor. That's awful to have to hear that in the mornings. I don't want to be that rude neighbor that everyone talks about behind their back. Well, I don't know what to do, but this honking has got to stop. If someone has any suggestions on how to end this Please Please Please pass it my way. I, along with I'm sure all 11 other rooms in my building and the houses across the street would love for my car to behave.

Until next time...

"I like the way you do that right there,
switch ya hips when ya walking, let down ya hair,
I like the way you da that right there,
Lick ya lips when ya talking that make me stare."
-Chingy

3 comments:

lrae said...

Hmm.

I know it may be difficult to deal with this new information at this stage in your life. Maybe there are support groups in your area for people in your situation. But remember - the first step is admitting you have a car alarm.

Becky said...

I promise...I don't have a Car Alarm. That costs extra.

Lauren said...

This actually happened to me last week here at work. I was walking out of the office to leave and I said, "wow, someone's car alarm is going off. How annoying!" to our secretary. . .and lo and behold, I get outside and I'm like, ". . .oh." It was totally my car. What a nerd! I hope the secretary didn't know it was me, but she probably did and just didn't say anything. ha ha

Anyway, mine was caused by my panic button, so I pushed it and it stopped. But I don't know what to tell you, girl. Weird.