Thursday, February 02, 2006

Compliments

Unexpected compliments are always the best. I've never been very good at taking compliments, but I'm training myself to just say thank you and be gratious about them. I don't know what's wrong with me...I've just never really been good about accepting the fact that I can actually look nice with I dress up. Anyways...

A couple weeks ago I was meeting Kara and her new intern at Logan's for lunch. Of course I get there on time and they're not there. So I sit on the bench in the entrance with my back against the window and the hostess comes up to me and says "Has anyone ever told you how much you look like Jennifer Aniston?". I didn't know what to say, so I said "well, once, but I think they were just messing with me." She continues to say "with the way the sun was hitting your face and your hair I could have sworn that was Jennifer Aniston sitting right there." Now she was a very sweet lady, No, she wasn't delirious or anything, she was very genuine. I just smiled and said thank you very much.

So that just made me smile through out the lunch hour. Mostly because Ms. Aniston is gorgeous and it was nice to be put on that level, even if it was by a lady.
That hasn't been the only celebrity that people have said that I looked like. In high school there were multiple occassions where people would tell me that I look exactly like Elizabeth Shue. I think they were crazy, but I would hear it from different people at different time. It was weird.
Now to me...I personally don't think I look like either one of them, but I will take both of these occurances as compliments.

I didn't really have a point to this post, just that I was thinking about what the lady said last week. Have any of you circle buddies ever been told that you look like a celebrity?

6 comments:

lrae said...

I have two:

1. Mowgli from Disney's "The Jungle Book"
2. Fievel from "An American Tale"

Both animated, both male, one a mouse. It's a cruel world, people. At least there are no cats in America.

Lauren said...

Trish, that is hilarious! Daryl, dude. Good ol' Daryl. I can just hear him saying that.

Leslie, your comment cracks me up, too.

Becks, I can see why that hostess said that. When I think about it, you DO kinda look Jennifer Aniston. Very cool. What a compliment. And don't forget how Matt Gregory calls you a Sheryl Crow look-a-like! I don't think I've ever been told that I look like anyone in particular. I guess that means I'm unique. Right? :)

Lauren said...

Oh, I have one now: Em just told me last night (without any reference to this post) that she always thought that young Britney Spears looked like young Lauren. Think Mickey Mouse Club years. Funny. :)

Rob West said...

My mom says Topher Grace, but I don't see it.

When I see my baby pictures though, I did look a lot like Gerald Ford when I was a baby (not when he was a baby, although probably then too.)

I don't think I look like any celebrity.

Lauren said...

oooh, Topher Grace is HOT. ;)

Becky said...

MOH- I had a friend in college that always called me Avril when she saw me...I think it was because I had this stint where I wore ties a lot and wore the converses.