Monday, February 21, 2005

Family Time

Well the weekend came and went and it was wonderful. My parents and my younger brother came up Saturday morning to spend the weekend with me. We ate out and walked around antique shops, went to a movie, played games and went to church together. It was so nice to be part of my own family again. The church members have been wonderful about accepting me into their family, but it was awesome to just be with mine. Don't know how much you miss them until you see them and watch them leave.
After all my stressing out about wanting to get home for this parade/party for my friend who was injured in Falujah...I didn't go. It made me feel like crap, but I just wouldn't have made it in time. I feel sad about it because I really wanted to be there to honor him and what not, but I just live too far away now. Plus I would have felt like I was rushing my time with my parents and that would have made me feel bad too. I don't think I would have stressed out this much over anyone else, but this guy was the first guy that I ever kissed and so he has a special piece of me. Again, it's probably only me that is thinking like that, but still he is an important person to me and I would have liked to have been there for him, but life goes on.

While my parents were here we went to see the movie, "Hitch". It was great. I am such a fan of quotes and one-liners that one from the movie really stuck with me: "Relationships are for people waiting for something better to happen." What a great way to look at that. I have never really been one to be in a long relationship...nothing ever felt right to me. That line just made me think that when that "something better" comes along, I'll know it and be ready. So it's not so bad to not be in a relationship. Sometimes it's lonely, but maybe that's just for the best.

No comments: