Monday, February 28, 2005

I practiced all the things I'd say

So this weekend was pretty dreary, so I have been watching movies like they're going out of style. Friday I was at Blockbuster and was cinvinced that if I pay a fee I could come in and get two movies per day for free. I definitely took advantage of that. So first I rented "I (heart) huckabee's" and "The Notebook"...which I balled during. Then Saturday I went to the movies with a wonderful woman and saw "Million Dollar Baby", which was excellent. I then returned to my apartment to watch "Vanity Fair" and "Without a Paddle". Two different extremes, but they were great.

The high point of my weekend came when I got a certain phone call. Now, to inform you all, this was not an ordanary phone call, it was from a person that I am in wishful thinking that God has planned for me to be with. Or in other words...I'm totally crushed on him. It really was just a business call because I had asked him to do a concert for some high school youth. Well, I felt like a moron on the phone. I was stuttering, sluring my words and sometimes couldn't even talk because I had a huge lump in my throat. How pathetic is that? I'm obviously not very good when it comes to the opposite sex. Well, we discussed the event for about 15 minutes and then went back to our own business. I don't think my heart slowed down for about two hours after I hung up. I can't believe what an unbelievably hard thing that was for me to do, to talk on the phone to this person. Is there anyway to fix that, because seriously, I would like to know. How to not be such a goof when I talk to someone that I'm attracted to. Goodness.
I don't think it helps that his mother and I are pretty close. I'm assuming that is a sort of turn off. She was the one I went to the movies with. Would that really make a guy turn away? I don't know. He lives two hours away, so it's not like he around to see that I am pretty close with his family. I can't help it because they go to the church that I work at and like me. Oh well.

"I practiced all the things I'd say, to tell you how I feel. And when I finally get my chance, it all seems so surreal." -GC

No comments: