Thursday, February 10, 2005

New Beginnings

So yesterday was Ash Wednesday which is the beginning of the Lenten Season. Time to reflect on my life....right. I had a couple of people ask me what I was going to give up for Lent. I had to think about it. Usually people give up food. I can't do that, only because I'm a VERY picky eater and if I give something up I probably wouldn't eat for the whole 40 days of Lent. Therefore, I have decided to "take something on" instead of "give something up". I am thinking of either learning a new word every day and try to use it at least once that day, or just try and be more positive. I think I always have a good attitude, it's just when I'm sitting in my lonely apartment all by myself that I start to get negative thought. I mainly get negative thoughts because all of my close friends are now engaged. In 2004 I went to 6 of my friends wedding and I already have 5 on the list for 2005 and 1 for 2006. Yes I'm going to say it..."Always a bridesmaid, never a bride." Which really I'm OK with. I don't think I'm ready for marriage. I'm probably not even ready for a good relationship. I think I just want to know that there is someone out there that is perfect for me. I keep thinking I'm going to be that girl that is ALWAYS single. I'm happy right now, but eventually I am going to want to get married. I think I just need to quick dwelling on it. But it's hard not to think about it when everyone around me is planning their wedding. That's OK because I'm planning an awesome trip to Key West this summer which is going to be better than all those weddings.

asseverate \uh-SEV-uh-rayt\: To affirm or declare positively or earnestly.

"Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it." -Anon

No comments: