Wednesday, February 09, 2005

What's The Difference...

My office is located in the same hallway as the church's Learning Center. So there are children from 18 months to 4 years old that pass by my door each day. The two year old class room is right across the hall from my door so sometimes I listen to them talk as they do crafts...or whatever they do. Yesterday I heard the teacher say to one of the students: "Remember, it's glue, Not lipgloss. Remember what happened last time and your face got all sticky." Oh my goodness, what's not to like about 2 year olds. That one phrase just made my day, I wrote it down on my desk calendar so that I wouldn't forget it.
Sometimes I don't like that my life has come down to relying on 2 year olds to make me smile. I remember in school I would smile for most of the day. Now it's just...what's the point. I sit in an office by myself for 8 hours everyday, then I go home and sit by myself again for the rest of the day and then I get up and do it all over again the next day. This past weekend as I was waking up on Saturday morning I though to myself, why get up? I don't have plans, I don't have friends waiting to hang out, I don't have a boyfriend that's waiting for me to call, I don't have to go to work, so why get out of bed? Then I just moved myself to the couch and sat there for about 10 hours playing with my pet rat and watching DVD's. I would love to know how to make a life out of what I have. In a town that has nothing for the 20-30 year old crowd, and being out of college in a different city than what I'm used to, how am I supposed to meet people and do stuff?
I guess I shouldn't complain, I do like where my life is right now, I just wish sometimes I wouldn't feel like such a recluse. Oh well.

What's the difference of never knowing at all?When every step I take is always too small.Maybe it's just something I can't admit but lately,I feel like I don't give a shit. -Sum 41




Changes
I am lost in a see-thru
I think you lost yourself too,
Throughout all of this confusion,
I hope I somehow get to you.
I practiced all the things I'd say,
To tell you how I feel.
And when I finally get my chance,
It all seem so surreal.
'Cause from the first time I saw you,
I only thougth about you,
I didn't know you,
I wanted to hold onto,
The things you never say to me.
'Cause you said,
You can't change the way you feel,
But you can't tell me this ain't real,
'Cuase this is real.
And you would see right through that
In the end it's all I've got,
So I'm gonna hold onto that.
Now you've got me watching your eyes,
Got me waiting just to see,
If it goes the way it never will,
You're eyes are watching me.
And now you've got me thinking' bout
The first time that I met you,
Standing in crowded room,
But I could only see you.
And I hope my words will get through,
'Cause now I can't forget you,
I want to tell you
If only I could reach you
And make you feel this way,
But you said...
~GC

No comments: