Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Red Lights

Did you know that if you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights. SIX MONTHS....that's half a year. I sit at about 8 red lights daily, that is at least 8 minutes every day that I am just sitting there...40 minutes a week. I thought that sounded bizarre. But then again...I sit at my desk for 8 hours every day...40 hours a week. That's a whole lot of time just sitting, and I still have never been over 110 pounds. I guess I'm just lucky. But seriously...sitting. That's like 5/8 of my life. I always tell myself that I need to excercise. There's a park right across the street from my apartment and I've only been there twice in the 11 months that I've lived here. I'm such a weinee about doing stuff like that by myself, but what am I supposed to do when all I think about is someone taking me while I'm walking by myself. I'm a small girl, there is no way I can defend myself if a stranger came up to me. Why do I have such a fear instilled in me? I used to get yelled at in college by friends and family about walking places by myself. I don't really have a point to this, but I just wish I wasn't so negative about things like this. I'm not scared to walk around the mall or other places of that nature by myself. And I'm more likely to have something happen to me at a public place than I am in a city park. Whatever.

No comments: