Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Roof is on Fire

My apartment complex is doing fire sprinkler inspections today in every room. That means someone is entering my apartment, which also mean I had to bring my rat to work with me today. That is always fun. She's sitting on my shoulder right now as I type. She is so awesome. I'm not supposed to have a pet, even if it is in a cage, and I didn't want to get caught, so she's with me today!

Last night I got a great phone call from my grandmother. We call her Nane, because she doesn't want to be called Grandma. Anyways...we were talking about my summer trip to told me. "Becky, you know all there is down there are gay people right? You don't need to worry about the men, but be carefull around the women because they WILL hit on you." That lady is very vocal when she is thinking something. It's funny, but yes, a little rude. But that's how that little old lady is. She really is a wonderful person, but what grandmother isn't.

Dinner with my friend went really well last night. Nothing to worry about. He even tried to fix me up with someone that works at the University he goes to. Maybe that was just his way of stepping around other subjects. It doesn't matter because it was nice to get out of the house for a while. When we were eating, my neighbor was eating a few tables down. Now I'm a little nervous about him giving me the third degree about being out with a guy. My neighbor is this great guy that always looks out for me. Not in a creepy way...like a dad or an uncle. Whatever. Live is Good.

No comments: