Monday, August 07, 2006

I Needed That

I had one of the greatest weekends I've had in a while. I mean I had one really awesome one last month...but this one was much needed.
It started by making a trip home to Floresville, mostly because I'm greedy and I really wanted my birthday present from my parents. I was a little mad on the drive home because I had to work until 6:00 that night and I still had to go to my apartment to finish packing. Anyways...I got home around 8:30, which isn't bad and then just sat around with my parents until about 11:00 just catching up. The next day was nice, I went into town, got my car inspected, watched my cousin's son take swim lessons, went to lunch with my mom and then did a little shopping with her after that.

Then went back home to get ready because we were going to go into San Antonio for dinner that evening. When my mom got off of work she gave me my presents!!! I got new dishes, which I knew I was getting because my mom had already spilled the beans. Anyways I was very excited...they're red on the top part and black underneath. YEA!! Just what I asked for. AND...I got a power drill!! That was a bonus. I had asked for that too...but I didn't realize I was going to get two presents!! Anyways... back to why my weekend was so wonderful.

Lindsay got to meet up with us for dinner which was awesome because I don't get to see her as much as I used to. So after we ate we decided to walk the mall to waste some time...after making a couple laps we went into the Cheesecake factory for a nice "girly" drink at the bar. Girly meaning they were fruity and $8.00. I know, that's ridiculous for one drink, but it was delicious and definitely worth it.

OK, then we drove to Sherlocks to meet up with some friends from college, on my way to the bar I called a few more people to come and meet us there. I called Chad (a youth director friend), but he was in Dallas at some ball game, then I called Chris, but his sister was in town and was haning with her, then I called Travis (some of you may also know him as T-diddy)...I don't know why I did because I know he never answers the phone when I call him, but I figured I would give it a shot, so I just left him a message to meet up with us and of course...never called and never showed. I don't know why I put myself through stuff like that. So fine...no one wants to come meet up with my for my birthday, that's fine, I'm cool with that.

So Lindsay and I decide to share a pitcher of Blue Moon...I never had it, and now I really like it. So that was exciting. Then our friend Josh shows up and Lindsay's boyfriend Pyle came too...so us four just sat around for a long while and did some more catching up. It was so nice...just like old times. I loved it. I think I turned to Josh like 5 different times and just said "I'm so excited that we're all haning out right now!!". I really was. I miss that group of friends. So then Josh decides that it's time to go somewhere different, so I ride with him to the Flying Saucer. It was a good 15 minute drive so we got to talk just the two of us. Which was nice, we talked about girls and boys and what's going on with them in our lives.

I'm not going to write about the whole night...then we go back to Lindsays to crash. I have a hard time sleeping when it's not my bed or apartment, so I laid on her fold out couch and talked on the phone. My brother and I are trying to get a vacation planned for next week...so far, we're lame because nothing is really coming up...but I have those three 1/2 days already taken off...so I'm doing something!!

OK, so I get up and go have lunch with my brother Cory before I head back to Georgetown. That drive was a great drive too because I got to talk to Lauren!! Yea, I miss you girl. Anyways, our conversations is 90% about boys...that's just how girls are. Apparently she has ruffled some feathers with one of the blogs she wrote. But Boys, just so you know, that blog was not aimed at one certain person and we both want you to know that. It was just a culmination of different circumstances that have happened to the both of us in the past couple years. It wasn't written to place blame on one single person it was just a statement of what has been struggles for us when it comes to guys. So please, don't think she was out to get you or make you question your feelings or actions...it was just written to be written. OK! Girls can sometimes "fall" a little quicker than guys do, and we just want you all to know that. One little phone call that is just a simple hello could really mean the world to the other person and we just want you to be aware of what you could be doing to someone's feelings, even if it isn't on purpose...OK...enough on that subject.

Saturday afternoon was nice and lazy...I got back around 3:00ish I guess and I laid on my couch for most of that afternoon. The next thing that made my weekend so wonderful were the random phone calls that I got. That afternoon my friend Wes called me. We went on a couple dates right after I graduated high school, but it was no big deal. But he just called to see how I was doing, which was really nice. It's just nice to know that people that you don't see except maybe on certain holiday's think about you periodically...Then I crash early, because I didn't get much sleep that couples nights before...and my phone rings at like 4:40 a.m. Who calls that late or that early?!! Well it was my friend Justin who moved to Arizona. He NEVER calls either. I haven't talked to him or seen him since last year at a friends wedding. He said he was just going to leave a message, but I know I wouldn't have called him back and it would have been nice to talk to him...so we chatted for like 8 minutes just doing a little catch up. I still don't know why he decided to call me, but he did.

Little things like that just really make my day. Then Sunday was awesome, my sponser Mrs. Davenport took me to lunch and then to the movies. We saw "You Me and Dupree". It was pretty good. I had a good time. Then later that night my cousin calls me too, he's pretty good about calling every now and then to catch up.
Anyways...it was just a great weekend of seeing/hanging out with old friends and then getting all these random phone calls. It was just nice. I needed a weekend like that to know that there are people out there that care/love me because sometimes when I'm up here I don't really get that all the time. It was a nice boost of reassurance. I also came to another realization...but I can't speak of that for a few more months...maybe January or February...whenever I get comfortable enough to let it out...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm glad you had such a great weekend! And your birthday is TOMORROW!! Which means that the whole WEEK should be a good one! :)

Love you, girl.