Monday, August 28, 2006

Pieces of Me

My Dad has been participating in A.C.T.S. retreats for a couple of years now. It's through the Catholic church and it has to do with ACTS 2:42-47; breaking bread together, worshipping together, receiving instruction together, sharing in common, and reaching out in loving service. He went to one as a participant and now he has been helping to lead ones for youth. He's done a few of them throughout the past couple years and always has stories to tell me about them. It's our way of bonding, I guess.

They always do skits at the retreats and he loves telling me about these. So far I have been able to relate with a lot of the skits he shares with me, but this past one just gave me the goosebumps and I am going to give you the short version of how I remember it.

It starts off with a girl on a dark stage with a huge paper heart around her neck.
Her boyfriend comes on and they get into an argument and break up and he rips a piece of her heart and takes it with him.
Then her Dad walks in and yells at her for not making all A's on her report cards and walks away with a piece of her heart.
And it goes on like this for a while and her heart is just ripped to shreds. So she has pieces of her heart all over the place.

Then Jesus walks in with a brand new heart for her and he tells her how Jesus is always in her heart and has a brand new heart with him.

I feel like that sometime I have a piece of my heart all over the place and I'm not left with much. A part of me is back in Floresville, pieces are spread out in San Antonio, Georgetown, South Carolina, Michigan, TLU...I'm spread out pretty thin. And even though I work at a church, sometimes I don't always feel like Jesus is standing over me with this huge heart just for me. I wish I could get that feelings, I just don't know how to get there.

No comments: