Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Why Is It Like This?

Lunch with Nane (that's what we call our grandmother) was nice. We ended up staying with her for like four hours. I don't think I've ever been around her when it was just a couple people. It's always been at family functions surrounded by tons of other poeple. So it was really cool to get some quality time with her.

She likes to talk about our Grandfather alot which is very cool. He will have been gone for 11 years this year. That's crazy. It was a little sad though for her to be telling us how she still thinks about him every day...very sweet. He was a wonderful wonderful man. But I can see how much she misses him. She remarried this guy a little while after my Grandfather died because she's not someone that can really live by herself...so it's good and bad at the same time...but that's a whole other story.

Every time I'm around her she always brings up that fact that we're not married or any where near being married. She's 80 and doesn't really think before she speaks, she just kind of tells it like it is. She's convinced my "Lid" is out there, which I'm sure it is. I just don't want to think about it right now.

Why isn't that our whole lifes is about finding that one person to spend the rest of your life with? And why is it such a big deal to every body else? Why can't we just be happy with our lives and just live...I don't think our life should be based on the fact that you need to find someone to marry. Not that I don't want that...but don't bug me about why I'm not dating anyone and ask me when I'm going to "settle down". For goodness sakes I'm only 24...This is my time. Yes, it's a lonely time...but it's still my time. I life isn't going to be filled with looking and searching and being sad that all my friends are married when I'm not. I just needed a little time to vent after that encounter yesterday. I just need another vacation to get away from everything....

No comments: