Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Lids, Pots and Stoves, Oh My!

I remember driving to my Aunt's house with my grandma and older brother on Christmas Eve. We had just gone to a Christmas Eve service with the whole family like we do every year. I was talking to Cory about how two of my best friends had gotten engaged in the past two days and that it seemed like EVERYONE was getting married. (My brother and I have this same conversation so many times because he's feeling it too with his friends...he's 26 and I'm 22...I'm not really in a rush...just feeling a little left out I guess. I would rather just know that I will be married...not necessarily any time soon. Just that I know it's part of my future whether it be two years from now or ten years from now.) Anyways...

As we were talking my grandma chimes in from the back seat and says..."Don't worry Becky, every Pot has a lid. You just haven't found your 'Lid' yet." Cory and I just cracked up because we had never heard that saying before. I guess you could say that there have been lids come through, they just didn't fit. So now at all our family gatherings we joke about our lids. I have a group of friends from Kerrville that I told the story too and we talk about writing a book entitled "How to find your Lid". It would be a terrible book because obviously we don't know how to find that Lid with the 'perfect' fit. Just thought it was kind of cute.

Well, I saw my grandmother this weekend when I met up with my parents and talking about my weekend visitor. After asking a little awkward question...the second thing out of my grandmas mouth was..."Is he your lid?"
How the heck should I know? I don't know. My grandmother is just one of those lady's that doesn't really think before she speaks...she just says what she's thinking. But as an on going joke, I thought her 'lid' quote was awesome. You just gotta love her.

I know there's been more than one post for today, but it's been a while since I've written and there is just a lot on my mind right now....

"I get so weak in the knees
I can hardly speak
I lose all control
And something takes over me
In a daze your love's so amazing
Its not a phase I want you to stay
With me by my side
I swallow my pride
Your love is so sweet
It knocks me right off of my feet
Can't explain why your lovin makes me weak"
-SWV

No comments: