Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Missing what I don't have

I never knew that I could ever miss something that I've never had...or missed someone so much without even meeting the person. It's about to drive me crazy.

From the bouquet of roses I got the other day...I took one out of the bunch and brought it to work to leave on my desk. Now I just sit here and stare at it and wish that Matt was around. (That's my soft side coming out) I never realized how beautiful a single rose could be, but when it's staring me in the face for hours at a time...I really appreciate it.

I've never been a big fan of roses...I mean I think they're beautiful flowers, but at times, so over rated. But oh my goodness, I could get roses every day and not get tired of them. It's kind of like that movie...Bed of Roses.

Well. It's fifteen days until he comes down to visit and every day I get that much more nervous. I don't know what I'm going to do when he's actually standing in front of me. I sure hope I don't pass out.

I'm about to have lunch with my sponsor from the church. She's the one that wants me to marry her son. I think she would absolutely die if she found out I was talking to some other boy. So I guess I just won't bring it up just yet. I'll give it a while...see how things work out when Matt actually comes down.

"Don’t it always seem to go
That you don’t know what you’ve got
Till it’s gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot."
-Joni Mitchell

No comments: