Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Girls Just Want To Have Fun

I had a great night last night. I can't tell you how nice it is to have someone to talk to. Actually not just to talk to, but to actually share stuff with. It's been a while since I've actually been open with someone about what's going on in my life. Ever since I graduated from college my groups of friends have changed. I don't talk to my good friends anymore. Not by choice, it's just that we're all so different now. Obviously I've changed as well, I'm a totally different person than I was in college. I don't call my old girlfriends anymore like I used to, they're very focused on their lives right now and it's not that they don't care about what's going on in my life...it's just different. They don't get excited about my life and I don't really get excited about their's. It's kinds of sad.

So I'm very thankful for Lauren's friendship. She's someone that I definitely needed to be friends with in college, but you know, maybe God wanted us to become the person that we are today before we started to learn things about each other. It's still a pretty fresh friendship, we're still learning about each other, but I just know that I have an awesome time when I'm with her.

I'm one of those persons that gets bored after a while...or tired of the same old thing. So I think it's good that we don't live too close to each other. We try and meet weekly and I think that's good for me. I get bothered sometimes when I'm around the same people all the time, so I'm glad that we're not spending too much time together because I would hate for me to get annoyed. Not to say that she's annoying because she's absolutely not. I just don't want to get tired of our friendship because it really means a lot to me.

Well, Matt comes flys in in two more days. I've slowly been getting things ready for his arrival. Cleaning, doing laundry, taking out the trash, etc. Mostly I do it because I'm nervous and I need to be doing something so that I don't get too antsy. But I am getting Super Excited!! I just hope I can sleep these next two nights. I need all the sleep I can get because I know once he's here I'm not going to sleep well because I'll be too excited.

"That's all they really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls - they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have fun"
-Cyndi Lauper

No comments: