Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Do the Chicken's Have Large Talons?

I'm a dork. Seriously, the smallest things amuse me. Last night I called my brother Cory (he's like the only one in the family that actually has cable tv) and I asked him if he would check on a basketball score for me. It's the NBA play-offs and I wanted to see how a certain team was doing. Well I asked him to tell me what the score was and he says...No, I'm busy watching 'Alias'. What a loser...'Alias'? Who watches that? Well we was watching with some girl from his work, and so he told me to just get on the internet on my phone and check the score. I DIDN'T KNOW I COULD DO THAT. It was awesome. You can do all kinds of things on phone's these things. It blew me away. I just never knew I could do that kind of stuff on my phone. I'm mean, I've downloaded a couple ringers, but even that was hard for me. I'm just not very good with technology.

I get to stay with my brother for a couple nights this week and I'm kind of excited. I talk to him every now and then, but I haven't actually gotten to see him since...I guess since Easter. That can't be right. That sounds like such a long time ago. But that's how life is, just don't see the family like I used to. Except for the random "hey, we're driving through Georgetown right now, can we stop by". But seriously, how often does that happen? I almost see my cousin Bryan more than I do my brother's and he lives by Houston. Bryan is about 6 years older than me so growing up we never really did much together. But all of a sudden the past couple years he's been really good about calling every now and then and hanging out whenever he comes into Austin for some State Trooper Classes. He's about every other week now. It's kind of nice to have people check up on me.

I also called my mom last night because she's pretty good and saying things that make me feel better and help me put things into perspective. I like knowing how smart my Mom really is. Growing up I knew she was a smart lady, but now that I'm growing up...I see it even more. My parents are just awesome people. It's always nice to hear that they trust me and know that I make good decisions. Also...since I don't ever ask them for help (money wise) they're going to give me money!! Awesome! I am in a couple weddings this summer and going to a couple more...that adds up. I'm just spending hundreds of dollars like it's no big deal. It's not like I don't have the money, but sometimes it just gets hard with all the stupid bills I have to pay all by myself. So my mom said she'll get me a couple gift certificates to certain places so that I can buy myself stuff and not use my own money. YES! Hopefully I can find some time this summer to use them. Yea right, no worries!!


"The reasons her life did not turn out...
More like a movie
She's trying to forget it all
I don't believe in anything
But I believe in you
I never trusted anyone
But somehow I trust you
And if I fall away, someday you might find me
If I fall away, someday..."
-Midtown

1 comment:

Lauren said...

We have to catch up!! I feel like I'm behind on everything. . .this week is crazy. Love ya mucho!!