Sunday, June 26, 2005

Got me Thinking

So now I'm totally thinking about the comment left on one of my blog's. The whole thing about being different and changing it a ridiculous excuse. There was something about the beginning of our "phone calls" that attracted the two of us. I'm still the same person I was when we first started talking. Guys are just silly when it comes to stuff like this.

I agree, I think any relationship can work if you just try. But its if you're not willing to work, than it's not worth it. Why drag it out for more than it needs to before saying something about...I don't have time or energy or the right attitude. It just sucks. I am so not good at saying how I feel about a person because it never works out for me, but with Matt I could. He made me tell him what I was thinking and how I felt...and then he just throws those feelings out the window.

I asked him before he got on the plane..."is this just going to be a one weekend thing of hanging out?" and he told me that he hoped it wasn't just a one weekend thing. Yes I believed him. That hurts...

People wonder why I've never really dated someone for more than a couple months...well it's because of people like Matt. They don't give me the time to stay with them. So, it's not my fault. But my plan for the future is to meet someone, fall in love and get married within a span of like 7 or eight months. I've never really liked to date...so that's going to be my way of getting around it. I just won't really date...I'll just get married like Dharma & Greg.

Help me out guys!!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Yeah, I totally agree with Richard. You know how much I love the "He's Just Not That Into You" stuff, Becky. . .because I think it's TRUE!!! And I think that you may definitely have the type of relationship where you just meet, fall in love, and get married. No second-guesses, no wondering what's going on. . .actually, I think we ALL find that someday. . .and that's who we marry. So there. It's simple! And it WILL HAPPEN.

I have lots to chat with you about on Tuesday and I can't wait. Glad you had fun at camp. I missed you and I'm glad you're back. Love you tons.

Richard said...

Thanx Lauren. Becky, As far as the meet, fall in love, and get married thing goes, it is possible, and it does happen often. My wife and I were only together for about a year and a half before we got married. I agree with Dustin about the being together for 3 - 4 years and STILL not getting married. I mean is there a commitment phobia there or what?!?!? I don't think there is a set amount of time before someone gets married. I DO, however, think it is the most important decision you can make. Second only to deciding to follow God. There are too many cases these days where couples treat marriage just like dating. They think, Well we'll try it out, and if it doesn't work, we can always get a divorce. It's not that easy. When you get married, you are looking for a life partner. The key word there is LIFE. I will go ahead and tell you that there is NO ONE out there that will make you happy ALL of the time. There will be bumps in the road as well as some huge pot holes. All of these are obstacles that must be overcome. It may not be easy, but very possible, and definitely worth it. Never give up. He's out there, and chances are he's having the same troubles right now. Hope this helps.

Richard said...

I'm not sure of the details of the whole problem being dealt with right now, but I know all too often it is the problems in our lives that bring us closer. It is good to know someone who can relate to your situations. You never know what someone is dealing with. Chances are they have been through something similar. After all, it is a small world.

Becky said...

For all you who left a comment...Thank you so much. It's nice to know that there are people that go through the same thing. It still sucks to be in the situation, but thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't know you...but it means a lot. Thanks. Lauren, I love you lots.