Wednesday, June 15, 2005

MISSOURI

Our trip to Missouri was amazing. It was just awesome to see this group of High School students interact. There was no separation of grades or cliques...I was just excited to be with them for a long weekend.

We had devotions every night and it was great to be with them and have them listen to me and know that they are getting something out of what I'm telling them. I haven't heard so many people tell me "yes, ma'am". I am finally getting threw to them that I'm the adult and that they need to respect me. That is awesome for me.

We spent all day Friday at Silver Dollar City which is an amusement park in Branson. There were roller coasters, water rides, shows and fun. No complaints, except for maybe getting a little hot. Then we went back to the resort and swam and played volleyball. There was always something to do. Saturday we went to a show. My group saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I'm not much for musicals, but I had such a great time. We met a mother that was sitting in front of us during the show, she has 6 children and apparently going threw a rough time in her life so we all stood in a circle in the middle of the show place and said a prayer together. It was very moving.

Sunday was by far my favorite day. We rented some party boats for a few hours and went out onto Table Rock lake. We had to rent two because there were so many of us. We ended up driving out into a little cove, tied our two pontoon boats together and had a short worship service. It was awesome. Then we started driving out to a cliff where the youth could swim and jump off of. Well they started singing camp songs and having a blast just riding the boat. It was so neat to see them so care-free. They didn't care that there were other boats driving past us, they still sang those church camp songs as loud as they could. Both boys and girls were singing, it was awesome.
Well, we got to the cliffs and all the youth were jumping off of it. So I was all big shot and said "sure, I'll do it". Well you have to climb up the side of the cliff, which was really hard being bare-foot and in a bathing suit. Anyways...I get up there, HOLY COW I was so scared. That one thing I noticed about getting older, used to that wouldn't have scared me. But I was shaking. It was only like 30 feet, but when you're standing up there, looking down at the water, it's really high. I had to get one of the freshman boys to hold my hand as I jumped. I screamed. But I was glad I did it.

There is so much more to say, but my mind is such a blur right now. But I'm super glad that I got to get out of Texas for a while...I love to travel. Road Trips are just one of my favorite things to do. But now that I've just gotten back and off my huge high...I'm hitting me low. I need to learn how to manage my highs and lows.

No comments: