Monday, June 27, 2005

Weekly Discoveries

I have had so many random thoughts just pop into my head this past week and I just needed to get them out.

1. One reason I love going to church is getting to see the older/retired couples sit together at church. I was watching this gray haired couple on Sunday and they were precious. The husband was always touching his wife. Either holding her hand, rubbing her neck, or just having his hand on her knee. That to me is just one of the greatest things to see. I'm sure they had been married for at least 40 years and they were still just so happy together. It gives me hope.

2. This past week at camp I got to be with a 6 mo. old baby everyday and I loved it so much. Makes me want to have babies...but like in 8 years.

3. The question I absolutely HATE more than "how long did it take you to learn to spell your last name?" is..."Becky, you're so pretty, why don't you have a boyfriend?"...Let me tell you, if I knew why, I would change it so that I would have one. OK. So please, try to refrain from using any of the above phrases around me. Thanks.

4. When Matt and I were calling each other, it always gave me something to look forward to. Now my days just seem 'Blah' because there's nothing for me to look forward to at the end of the day.

5. I'm getting tired of coming home to an empty apartment. I mean, I truly love living by myself, but I think on occassion it would be nice to come home to someone and share my day with. (I'm not talking about a roommate, if you get my drift). I really do get lonely and depressed at times with no one around.

6. How can someone say "Do you really think I could fake that I like you?" and then a couple weeks later say "I don't think I would date you". I know it's been a while, but it still bothers me. There had to be some kind of attraction there, and then, what, *poof*...I don't think your my type. That's just silly.

My Top TEN CD Pick's of all time that everyone should own (in no particular order):
Vanilla Ice - Too the Extreme
Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill
Tupac - All Eye's On Me
Sheryl Crow - Tuesday Night Music Club
Good Charlotte - Good Charlotte
Dashboard Confessional - A Mark A Mission A Brand A Scar
Our Lady Peace - Live
Better Than Ezra - Closer
Alkaline Trio - Crimson (that's for you Matt)
Coolio - It Takes A Theif

"Are you gone and onto someone new?
I needed somewhere to hang my head
Without your noose
You gave me something that I didn't have
But had no use
I was too weak to give in
Too strong to lose
My heart is under arrest again
But I break loose
My head is giving me life or death
But I can't choose
I swear I'll never give in
I refuse

Is someone getting the best,
the best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best,
the best, the best, the best of you?
Has someone taken your faith?
Its real, the pain you feel
You trust, you must
ConfessIs someone getting the best,
the best, the best, the best of you?"
-Foo Fighters

1 comment:

Richard said...

Let's see. Good thoughts, and if you don't ind I'd like to comment on each of them. (BTW - I get carried away simetimes, so let me know if that is the case)
1. Church is a great place to be. I can relate to watching the older couples. They are truly an inspiration as well as an encouragement. I often times wonder what kind of problems they went through. There is a couple at church now hat the husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It has been a rough road, but we think he is okay now. The amount of strength the wife showed was remarkable. There is always hope.

2. Babies are wonderful. I have 3 children. My wife has had 2 miscarriages, so technically I have 5. They are truly a blessing to us. I have a picture blog that has them in it. Have you seen it? They sure are a lot of work, though. I would have thought it got easier with each child, but they are too different. Good luck.

3. The first question I can't relate to. Mine is easy. However, people still mispronounce it. The second question is really misdirected. They make it sound like you're the one with the problem. Just tell them you know who you are looking for, and he hasn't come by yet. (And that they should mind there own business... just kidding)

4. I can see how this is hard. It is hard to just stop doing anything (Quitting Cold Turkey). You just have to find something else to keep you usy. I know that's easy for me to say, because I don't know your feelings, but I know it isn't always easy to do. We can talk about it, if you would like.

5. I understand where this would get old. Any time your living space is changed, it takes a while to get used to. Right now, my oldest child is at his grandparents house, and it just isn't the same when he is not in the house. I'm affraid there's not much I can do or say to help here. Sorry.

6. Wow! Six thoughts and three of them were about Matt, in a sense. I can tell he meant a lot to you, and this only proves it. I can only wish you the best in your time of pain. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope this helps and to hear from you soon.